Farm innovator still air, hand turn incubator

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have a Farm innovator still air, hand turn incubator. My last hatch shipped eggs I had 8/10, and this one I have not counted totals (local eggs), but it looks like it will be a good one. They do seem to be hatching on the 22 day not counting the set day. I have inside thermometers and try to keep it at 102 inside (good for still air) but the outside digital reading on incubator will be 99.5 which is fine. My humidity, i had at 50%, I kept the plugs out whole hatch on my last batches no extra liquids in the eggs, some one suggested that, I have more eggs coming later in the week I am going to try as Sally Sunshine says and leave in plugs until day 10. I want to do all I can for my last batch coming up, I have some neat eggs coming, one will be mauve, maybe gray, and a green one with white spots.

I have a Farm innovator still air, hand turn incubator. My last hatch shipped eggs I had 8/10, and this one I have not counted totals (local eggs), but it looks like it will be a good one. They do seem to be hatching on the 22 day not counting the set day. I have inside thermometers and try to keep it at 102 inside (good for still air) but the outside digital reading on incubator will be 99.5 which is fine. My humidity, i had at 50%, I kept the plugs out whole hatch on my last batches no extra liquids in the eggs, some one suggested that, I have more eggs coming later in the week I am going to try as Sally Sunshine says and leave in plugs until day 10. I want to do all I can for my last batch coming up, I have some neat eggs coming, one will be mauve, maybe gray, and a green one with white spots.
For shipped eggs you should also use the cooling cycle

https://www.brinsea.com/articles/news/cooling.aspx

The biggest problem with putting the plugs in is forgetting to take them out!

It is not likely to help and is not dangerous at the beginning of incubation to deprive them of oxygen.

It kills them at the end of incubation however

Day 22 started this evening. I had started with 2 doz. eggs 19 were fertile, 17 made it to hatch day. (12 out of eggs, 5 still in egg zipped.)

df.PNG

here are some pics. green blue and brown eggs.
dfa.PNG

They hatched last night, 2 recovering from hatch this AM they are in separate box still wet. of the chicks I hatched I am keeping 3+ that have more of the blue/splash look I am re-homing the others.
dfc.PNG

dfd.PNG

dfe.PNG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom