Incubator Help - Little Giant still air, no egg turner

Leilukka

Chirping
Apr 26, 2023
I'm asking this on behalf of someone. She has the Little Giant incubator. It is still air, so no fan. There is no egg turner. She is brand new to incubating eggs. This is what she has done:

February 13th: 6 eggs
February 21st: a batch of eggs added
February 22nd: one egg
February 23rd: batch of eggs
February 25th: 2 eggs
February 28th: batch of eggs
March 1st: 4 eggs

Total eggs in incubator is: 29 eggs

The February 13th batch of 6 is due on March 4th.

How can she successfully turn the newer eggs and keep the February 13th batch going to hatch?

I'm asking this on behalf of someone. She has the Little Giant incubator. It is still air, so no fan. There is no egg turner. She is brand new to incubating eggs. This is what she has done:

February 13th: 6 eggs
February 21st: a batch of eggs added
February 22nd: one egg
February 23rd: batch of eggs
February 25th: 2 eggs
February 28th: batch of eggs
March 1st: 4 eggs

Total eggs in incubator is: 29 eggs

The February 13th batch of 6 is due on March 4th.

How can she successfully turn the newer eggs and keep the February 13th batch going to hatch?
She's gotten herself into a pickle. Can she get another incubator?

That is called a staggered hatch and is usually avoided unless you have a designated hatching incubator, or eggs are only a few days or so apart. And with that much of a staggered hatch not many other options.

That is called a staggered hatch and is usually avoided unless you have a designated hatching incubator, or eggs are only a few days or so apart. And with that much of a staggered hatch not many other options.
Is there anything she could do with this staggered hatch?

Is there anything she could do with this staggered hatch?
I do staggered incubating, but I have several incubators for incubating only and separate incubators designated to hatching only. With that much of a stagger in hatching times they will need some other option to hatch at least the 1st batch of eggs if it were me.

The turning isn't the biggest problem in their situation it is the long time with all the hatching waste in incubator causing bacteria to grow. And this would contaminate incubator before others finish hatching.

Back
Top Bottom