Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by aoxa, Jan 30, 2013.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I asked people on Facebook to describe what it takes to be a farmer in one word. Wanted to share what everyone came up with. There were over 80 people who gave a word, but a lot were repeats:

[​IMG]

2. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Wow, your photography is great!!! What camera(s) do you have?
    Yeah it was me, thanks!

3. pysankigirl

pysankigirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    Man, I love that goose!!! I cant wait until I win the lottery and can buy a place with grass and a pond and have a goose like that. not a bunch of geese...don't want to mess up the pond too much. just one or two.

sorry you are lonely and the animals are messing with you.

I am actually alone too (for the next 5 minutes, probably) and am thrilled. LOL I cant complain too much, though. My Sister and kids are visiting for the month while school is out and it is nice having them around. but when they are gone I get to watch adult TV...LOL. not REALLY adult TV. Just things that are more risqué or have some graphicness occasionally. My sister is doing a great job raising her kids and I don't want to be a bad example so we are watching things like Downton abbey. [​IMG]

4. aoxa

This is why I love the computer. When my nephew comes over he gets to watch his terrible kids shows, and I watch whatever I want with headphones ;) Only when he's played out from activities of course.

I have a pair of geese, and they were really fun to watch. I love the Dewlaps!!

5. pysankigirl

pysankigirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    oh, that's a good idea. Except DH and I might be a little conspicuous if we are sitting huddled over my computer watching Heck on wheels. and honestly, we can almost live without non-G TV for a month (twitch, twitch)

I must have a Dewlap Toulouse...it is a moral imperative. how messy are they really? do they NEED to eat grass? (we have none, we live in the middle of the woods)

6. aoxa

They are not a messy breed of goose. They are much cleaner than a duck.

They do need greens. That is the majority of their diet.

7. chickery-do

chickery-do Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    Shellburne, NH
    My Coop
    I have 2 ducks Pekin, right now and I'm so fed up w/ the mess. They turn arnd and it squirts! Your by their side and they squirt, just watch them bend over and they $%^&*( ;-) I love em but god do they squirt!
    How are they w/ people? Mine would rather fly away if given a choice! lol
    My son gave them to me as an Easter Gift to go w/ my chickens, but there boys. So the poor girls had to go out for the duckies to live, Poor DD has to work again making a pen & a coop
    so in the mean time I lost 2 girls(RIR's) to Hawks.

8. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]So true! [​IMG]they have some pressure behind it don't they. Ducks certainly are messy. We have 1 Pekin and several other kinds. Their behavior towards humans depends on a lot of things....how much they were handled/in human company growing up, also the individual personality plays a huge part. We can grab 6 of ours easily and hold them but the other 4 you have to chase down, corner and grab. Once we have those they are good; getting them is the hardest part. Drakes can be rough and deadly to hens. Sorry you lost your 2 girls.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    3 Acres funny you should mention R. I saw a movie today "The Way, Way Back," and R's buddy was one of the husbands. The kid in the movie spends most of his time slumped over ,same dead eyes, if he had a filfthy hoody, he could have been an extra In "Warm Bodies."

I've had dreams about R as well, he is always surrounded by ditzy, young girls. When I approach to ask if I could take a photo of him, he looks thru me like I am invisible. I can't even fantasize in a dream. Same old boring reality. I'll tell you the truth tho, he looks much better as a zombie, than a clean cut run-of-the mill handsome guy.

See how serious this is, I bare my soul in front of 200,000 BYC people. Why don't I just go on the Maury show, where no one would pay attention.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  10. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Registered Brangus. I feel I will really like the calves out of him and my baldy heifers! ...worth a try anyway. He's real quiet and is already taming down nicely. The herd scared him the first day...lol. ...then he settled right in the second day and went to breeding and acted like he had been with them all summer. Here's a few...I'll get better ones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cool eggs and cute bovine nose!!...[​IMG].

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by