farmers almanac forecasts harsh winter...

Well, shoot, I'm from the deep part of the gulf coast in Texas, we don't get harsh winters here, but you know the past couple of days, I have been seeing geese flying over, and we never almost never see those until the last part of October! That is the strangest thing I've ever seen in all my 46 years of living here. I am also seeing a lot of movement of snakes. Not sure about this one and what it might mean. We saw 2 coral snakes and a friend of ours saw 2 coral snakes and their young daughter got bit by a copperhead. What could possibly this all mean with the movement of snakes?

Oh great. Our forecast is described as "frigid, wet, wild, and snowy," with above average snowfall.
barnie.gif

The first few weeks in our house we didn't have heat... but we had A LOT of candles... we learned that by putting one candle, small votives work too just not as well, in front of each window pane, it takes the chill outta the air.

We use propane camping heaters as backup... soooo cheap and works so well

trees are a changin in the smokies... I just got back in from cleaning the chickens and was assaulted by falling/blowing leaves!

Fuzzy catapillars are huge this year sign of a bad winter.

Yellow jackets have their hives at ground level sign of deep snow.

I sure don't even want to think of the heating bill.

2 pallets of wood pellets in the garage, snowblower to get to the girls, I think I'm set. Bring it on!
big_smile.png

How accurate is this Farmer's Almanac???? For the last few years, they kept saying, more snow and deep freeze temps but never happened seriously enough.

Quote:
you have to follow the link and click on weather and look up 2009 weather and find your area

The spider this year are gross. I have never seen so many and they are everywhere. Every day I have to take the hose to the front of the house to clean the webs off. I also noticed that the chickens have started to molt early this year. I do feel that were are going to have a cold winter or an early winter.

Back
Top Bottom