Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

Guess what my mean Barred rock rooster did, I give him food and water and he attacks me and hurts me! Now I hate him!
smack.gif
tongue.gif

Guess what my mean Barred rock rooster did, I give him food and water and he attacks me and hurts me! Now I hate him!
smack.gif
tongue.gif
You grab them by the neck then hold them down on the ground until they stop fighting for 30 second. Let the hens enjoy payback as well. They tend to come peck the roo when you do that. Let him up and chase him off. He will leave you alone for a long while... if not forever. Or take a paintball gun in there with you next time lol

You grab them by the neck then hold them down on the ground until they stop fighting for 30 second. Let the hens enjoy payback as well. They tend to come peck the roo when you do that. Let him up and chase him off. He will leave you alone for a long while... if not forever. Or take a paintball gun in there with you next time lol
I find that a baseball bat works too!
wink.png

I'm still mad at him though!
smack.gif

Act bigger then him. Dont kick him, or he will think its a challenge. Put your arms out and act big, while cornering him. Also you can hold him by his neck, making his head touch the ground.
Thanks!
cool.png

I have buff orpingtons I love them hope to build my flock
I did have chickens came home today & my rooster & the 3 hens I had were layin dead I have 1 hen left that made it through the attack (don't know what breed she is got her from a lady I know). I suspect the neighbor's dog got in somehow this is what happened to my other chickens a few weeks ago they were killed & left. I have not seen the dog do this but every time my neighbor is home my chickens die what do yall think?

Here is my performance mare, Emma. Yesterdays glamour shot ;-)

Here is out coming 3yr old AQHA gelding, Cowboy. He is not amused when the camera comes out

And my oldie but goodie, 27yr old Arab gelding, Khlassi

Back
Top Bottom