Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

Quote:
I found the egg.......... after I put the boot on... I didn't realize it was in their before one of our horses stepped on my foot...
hide.gif

Well, possibly the egg added some cushioning. Egg is supposed to be good for the skin as well!
lol.png

Guys, I'm pretty sure my old dog is dying. He's very sluggish and all he wants to do is cuddle with me. I brought my laptop here out to the field where I am now, because this is his favorite spot to lay down. My dad is jammed up at his bike repair shop and my mom is at the vet's office, operating on a Great Pyrenees that has something wrong with its liver. I've tried calling both of them ten times, each time no answer. The other vet at my mom's work is also busy operating. I need help, and I need help fast. I know this si a chicken website, but I'm sure someone hear can help me... please!

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It breaks your heart when they are suffering so much. You know, this being Saturday, it is hard to find a vet. If it were a week day, I would say just scoop him up and walk into a vets office with him in your arms. (One you know is qualified in your eyes to treat your dog) They won't turn you down with him looking so poorly. But this is weekend. You could try calling around to see if a vet might by chance be open. Or wait for your mom to finish up with the surgery. Try to keep warm with a blanket if he is cold. Make sure he drinks water today.

I am so sorry. Hugs to you...
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go to the vets. It's an emergency, and because this is a small farming town, the vets office takes calls if it's an emergency. He's a big dog, a pitbull/lab cross, and I wouldn't be able to easily carry him. Do you think a big wagon would do? I can think of the perfect sized wagon out in the shed that he can fit into. It also has collapsible sides so I think I can get him up their pretty easily.

Good deal. I will keep you both in my prayers. :) Keep us posted here on the outcome.

Hugs to you and your baby...
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom