Fast, easy, recycled nest

Kajunbanty

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
We have several cats so we are always buying cat litter. I thought the empty buckets would make great nest for my bantams. Heres a pic of what I came up with.

15810_nest.jpg

Looks Great. You could also try standing them up with the lid on and cut a hole in the side about 3 or 4 inches up to make it a bit more private for them. I use plastic totes for our girls and they love them. And they like the one I cut a round hole in verses the ones I cut square holes in. Go figure.....

Oooh Jarhead! How do you make a gravity feeder from those types of cat litter buckets? Sorry about hijacking the thread Kajunbanty - the good old fashioned ingenuity of folks here at BYC is awesome! Ya'll have the most wonderful ideas.

gravity feeder = easy

For any bucket:
Save the lid (or make a new one). Put holes in the bucket all around the bottom (about 1" or 2" diameter). Use wood or plastic or brick or whatever to create a small base (bigger that the diameter or width of the bucket) with a lip around the edge (a couple of inches is fine). Put the bucket in the base, fill with feed, put the lid on, call the chickens over for a meal.

Here's a quick sketch up:
2934364991_26bbb06dfe.jpg

Hijack is now over
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom