Fatten up a dog

Maybe it's the food you are feeding them. Gravy Train??!! Alpo??!! They are probably pooping out more than their body is taking in nutritionally. That food is just lots of filler.

I feed EarthBorn Primitive Formula. No grains. My Cattle Dog puppy has grown 3 inches longer and 2 inches taller since I brought her home on July 24th just because she finally on some good food. She hasn't gained any weight since we got her. My vet has suggest increasing her feeding by 20-30% until she reaches a year old and has a chance to fully grow and fill out. Katie is super active and just burns up all the nutritional value of her food.

Quote:
ill take pics of mine..and see if they look good my boyfriend says no and i say yes...hes been into this for way longer than me ive been into pits for 2 and a half years and i say they are fine ill take some pics...and see .....

I disagree about the raw eggs not helping to put on some good flesh....they really do. I have a very high energy dog that I couldn't keep flesh on the ribs...until he started robbing my free range bird's nests! I can always tell just how many eggs I'm losing by looking at the weight on this dog. Glossiest dog in the county....
tongue.png

I've given raw eggs to an old milk cow that needed fattening and it worked wonders for her. I am now supplementing my older dog's food with raw eggs and it seems to help keep the weight on her also.

You might also try bolusing some unpastuerized apple cider vinegar...this helps restore good digestive bacteria and aids in nutritional uptake.

Bee - yes eggs have protein and will offer some weight - but I didn't think it would make too big of a difference
wink.png
guess I was wrong. I give my girlie dogs an egg each with their food every other day and their coats are fabulous
wink.png
I also add ACV to their water now as well.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Quote:
Yes, one of the ingredients of satin balls is eggs, shell and all. Of course even before we starting giving Jax the satin balls he had a very shiny coat and bright eyes. Good food will do that for a dog.
Last night I gave my SD's little chihuahua (who could also use some weight) a tiny little satin ball. He ate it all and then spit out the eggshell.
lol.png

Sorry, when I read your title “Fatten up a dog” I thought you meant for culinary purposes. (Note to self, you’re not overseas anymore)

I need the recipe for Satin Balls... (second request..)
big_smile.png

My male saint bernard needs to fatten up a bit..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom