Faverolle pronunciation?

P0U1TRYP3RS0N

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
I say it FAV-UH-ROLL. I thought that was the correct pronunciation, but then I've heard one of my 4-H leaders and a person at a hatchery pronounce it FAV-AH-RELL or something like that. Anybody out there raise favs' and know how to say their name??

I have no idea how to pronounce it LOL But they are little fat rolls with beards and probably the only feather footed breed I will have besides may be big a cochin they are here for comic relief.

Henry

Yes yours is the correct pronoucation but I have heard both ways in breeders.

I do believe they are rolly polly of a chicken LOL! At least my Blue Salmon girl was named Truffles, after that big hunky of a chocolate I saw in the candy store! Yummy!

That is our main SF roo's name, Truffles. We have a hen named bon-bon or bonny, then there is Mrs. Good bar, the other roo is Snickers, he chuckles, then the other hens are cinnimon roll and paprika

I know this is an ancient thread but after going to a swap last weekend and hearing someone (who had very poor quality favs) pronounce it either fav-er-olies (like roly poly) or fav-er-alis (like Mohammed Ali), can't remember which, I decided that I should just look it up so I wouldn't be mispronouncing it and sounding like a goob. Anyhow, I was saying it similar to all of you so I feel better. So to all of you faveroly or faverale (maybe similar to the federale mexican police??) owners...... Get something easier to say!.... Like..... Easter eggers.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

We musn't forget to keep the "s" on the end of the breed name Faverolles. It's named after the town/village of Faverolles in France. Faverolles are my favorite breed, they are just so sweet, including the roos.

Back
Top Bottom