Faverolles Thread

Took some pictures today. We've gotten only 2 eggs from the 12 girls so far. Both presumed to be Fav, laid 3 days apart.

This is Anais

And this is Clemence:

We *think* she laid the eggs. The first was found by the water faucet outside the inside run, the second in the coop. Both "finds" were just after they were let out but the first had to have been laid the prior day. I put Clemence in the nest box though the top this afternoon. She went directly out the hole into the coop and came out the door. Didn't even give the nest box a quick look over.

And here are the eggs. Both together are probably equal to 1 large egg. Nice thick shells.

They are so small I had to tilt the carton to get them out, couldn't get a grip otherwise
big_smile.png

Bruce

had to share a pic of sammy, he is a 7 month old cockerel- doesn't know he is though- still acts like a pullet- but he is laying on his back in my lap! too funny, he normally doesn't like being held, but tolerated this!

Took some pictures today. We've gotten only 2 eggs from the 12 girls so far. Both presumed to be Fav, laid 3 days apart.

This is Anais

And this is Clemence:

We *think* she laid the eggs. The first was found by the water faucet outside the inside run, the second in the coop. Both "finds" were just after they were let out but the first had to have been laid the prior day. I put Clemence in the nest box though the top this afternoon. She went directly out the hole into the coop and came out the door. Didn't even give the nest box a quick look over.

And here are the eggs. Both together are probably equal to 1 large egg. Nice thick shells.

They are so small I had to tilt the carton to get them out, couldn't get a grip otherwise
big_smile.png

Bruce

That is too funny!
lol.png
Cute little "robin eggs!" - I have a couple of girls that go in and l@@k and stare at the nest box
lau.gif
- like there's something hiding in there!

had to share a pic of sammy, he is a 7 month old cockerel- doesn't know he is though- still acts like a pullet- but he is laying on his back in my lap! too funny, he normally doesn't like being held, but tolerated this!

Oh good! Now I don't feel so bad about PeeWee!

After he got over his illness, I tried really hard not to handle him (it was very tempting) - I wanted him to remember he's a rooster! I think we need to go back to the drawing board
lol.png

I remember Eddie! You sent a pic of him a while back, Kable's boy? - Ok, I pm'd you with a slew of questions! - I need to get a plan together... I need to go to bed....

Ok, today I took the opportunity during the *nice* weather and snapped some family photos
big_smile.png

For some reason they like to go visit the ole chicken tractor, from the days before the coop was built....my blue copper marans pullet likes to hang with them! You can see the light colored pullet from Keesmom next to the roo, my darkest pullet in the front, and that's my PeeWee front and center....

Keesmom - the light pullet, she's making friends now :)

Keesmom - the slightly darker pullet, next to her main squeeze....

One of my other girls, the lighter one with "funky foot syndrome"

same pullet...

and another group shot, the darker one is at the feeder in the back - this isn't all I've got, just the main group I'd be using for breeding, minus P 'dub..... and since Blondie lost his mind a couple days ago....he'll soon be replaced.

Ok, today I took the opportunity during the *nice* weather and snapped some family photos
big_smile.png

For some reason they like to go visit the ole chicken tractor, from the days before the coop was built....my blue copper marans pullet likes to hang with them! You can see the light colored pullet from Keesmom next to the roo, my darkest pullet in the front, and that's my PeeWee front and center....

Keesmom - the light pullet, she's making friends now :)

Keesmom - the slightly darker pullet, next to her main squeeze....

One of my other girls, the lighter one with "funky foot syndrome"

same pullet...

and another group shot, the darker one is at the feeder in the back - this isn't all I've got, just the main group I'd be using for breeding, minus P 'dub..... and since Blondie lost his mind a couple days ago....he'll soon be replaced.

Very handsome group of birds. Pretty pullets. To bad blondie is going to the soup pot. He sure is handsome. But can't put up with snarky behavior out of the boys.

Thanks Henry! They're a great start.... I'm really liking the girls Keesmom sent. I hope I can get some chicks with good feet out of the other two girls. I really like everything else about them - and I know, there are no perfect birds
wink.png

Well, the good news about Blondie - Cloverleaf has it covered, extras included!

Back
Top Bottom