Faverolles Thread

big_smile.png
Just popping in to say hello!
Hey There, Whats new in Your end of the coop ???? How was the poultry show in Clark Co, ????? eliz

I have considered harvesting the grains for winter but I also thought that zucchini and pumpkins and corn would be great. I have mangels coming in this year as well. I do know a woman who feeds her birds sprouted grains regularly and raises her own bugs. Right now I want to get comfrey-- great for the birds and us.

Favorelle news: Keesmom's cockerel here mated with the Uof A girl several times today. I am excited. I like him better than the cockerel from UofA.
HI, would definently treat comfrey like bamboo. in a controlled pot or enviornment. It will spread like wildfire and REAL hard to get rid of because the roots dig deep and can start a new plant from a sliver.......

Has any one ever had problems, behavior wise, with a Faverolle rooster? I'm pretty sure one of my chicks is a rooster and I'd like to keep him, so what is the temperament?

Last edited:
Has any one ever had problems, behavior wise, with a Faverolle rooster? I'm pretty sure one of my chicks is a rooster and I'd like to keep him, so what is the temperament?
Temperament is an individual trait. Most of mine have been fine, but there have been exceptions.

Yes, I know. I'm not expecting an exact answer, just a rough estimate of what Martian will be like. I really can't tolerate a mean rooster.

Have Faverolles eggs in the bator now! (Bought from Papa brooder). Wanted to join the thread so I can learn what i need to know! Such beautiful birds I can hardly wait for them to hatch!!!

Oh forgot to ask... Anyone in MO have Favs???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom