Faverolles Thread

I have 3 SF chicks that are almost 8 Weeks old. I'm having some concerns about the quality of birds I have received. I know for sure I have one rooster due to his comb, but he and one of the pullets feathering is pretty much all black, and the other pullet is dark brown. It seems to me that this is not correct??

I have 3 SF chicks that are almost 8 Weeks old. I'm having some concerns about the quality of birds I have received. I know for sure I have one rooster due to his comb, but he and one of the pullets feathering is pretty much all black, and the other pullet is dark brown. It seems to me that this is not correct??
Pictures are the best way to share......possibly all boyz ?

Pullets are salmon in color, cockerels feather in black. Hatchery birds may be a little off in color but still holds true.

Just made a breeding pen for my faverolles!
smile.png

I'm so happy to have found this thread! I finally got my first Salmon Faverolles a few weeks ago, a breed I've wanted to try for a long time. I got mine from a breeder in Adrian, MO. I bought a pair of six week olds and three, 1 week old chicks that turned out to be two cockerels and a pullet. The youngest pullet isn't colored correctly. Her whole body is salmon and her head and beard are cream. Is this something she will grow out of when mature, or is this a case of 'she is what she is'? The older pullet is lovely though!

I'm loving how laid back they seem to be. The older cockerel comes running when I put my hand down and I'm constantly tripping over him because he's often underfoot. I have A LOT of birds, so it's not like I'm out there coddling him all day. He's just that friendly.

Can you post a pic of that younger pullet?

Hey everyone, My silkie hatched out a few eggs , and one of them happened to be a pure bred faverolle. It is now a week old. I was wondering if anyone had any guesses of what it might be
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom