Faverolles Thread

Last night I picked up 15 year old Salmon Faverolles! Super excited!! They are considered heritage so once I get pics, I'll be looking for guidance to get them up to true standard.
smile.png
OMGosh I thought it said a 15 year old salmon faverolle LOL been hanging w/hens lately......
idunno.gif

Ashandvine, I assume you mean the question in response to a post of mine? Sorry, it wasn't ignored or missed, it's just been too busy around here to respond.

As for long, narrow heads - yes those I would consider crow's heads. However I have had some with just narrow skulls and I would toss those out as well. Try to keep those with nice wide heads.

Now for the pelvic width in regard to males, maybe I just stated it wrong. I prefer to keep a male with a wide stance instead of one with legs placed closer together. Maybe that makes more sense?

It's been a long week taking the older one to camp 30 miles away in West Gardiner, with EVERY road under construction. But he does love it. Running around barefoot in the woods, learning about nature and native plants, listening to native American stories, camoflauge, tracking, building shelters and bows, how to read the weather, how to build fires and throw tomahawks. What else could a 10 year old boy ask for?

Ashandvine, I assume you mean the question in response to a post of mine? Sorry, it wasn't ignored or missed, it's just been too busy around here to respond. As for long, narrow heads - yes those I would consider crow's heads. However I have had some with just narrow skulls and I would toss those out as well. Try to keep those with nice wide heads. Now for the pelvic width in regard to males, maybe I just stated it wrong. I prefer to keep a male with a wide stance instead of one with legs placed closer together. Maybe that makes more sense? It's been a long week taking the older one to camp 30 miles away in West Gardiner, with EVERY road under construction. But he does love it. Running around barefoot in the woods, learning about nature and native plants, listening to native American stories, camoflauge, tracking, building shelters and bows, how to read the weather, how to build fires and throw tomahawks. What else could a 10 year old boy ask for?
thumbsup.gif

OMGosh I thought it said a 15 year old salmon faverolle LOL been hanging w/hens lately......
idunno.gif

gig.gif
Holy moly! I see what you mean! Ok, so they are 1 yr old and there are 15 of them!

Here is one of the hens... they are molting now so not good beards...

The roo is missing his beard but you can see where it was there and black, The pic of the roo is horrendous so I will try again tomorrow but here he is...

Anyone have thoughts based on these? Are they close to standard? What do I need to improve?

gig.gif
Holy moly! I see what you mean! Ok, so they are 1 yr old and there are 15 of them!

Here is one of the hens... they are molting now so not good beards...

The roo is missing his beard but you can see where it was there and black, The pic of the roo is horrendous so I will try again tomorrow but here he is...

Anyone have thoughts based on these? Are they close to standard? What do I need to improve?
The hen in the 2nd pic seems to have good type how are her feet? Its really hard to tell on the others IMO

Ashandvine, I assume you mean the question in response to a post of mine? Sorry, it wasn't ignored or missed, it's just been too busy around here to respond. As for long, narrow heads - yes those I would consider crow's heads. However I have had some with just narrow skulls and I would toss those out as well. Try to keep those with nice wide heads. Now for the pelvic width in regard to males, maybe I just stated it wrong. I prefer to keep a male with a wide stance instead of one with legs placed closer together. Maybe that makes more sense? It's been a long week taking the older one to camp 30 miles away in West Gardiner, with EVERY road under construction. But he does love it. Running around barefoot in the woods, learning about nature and native plants, listening to native American stories, camoflauge, tracking, building shelters and bows, how to read the weather, how to build fires and throw tomahawks. What else could a 10 year old boy ask for?
Yes this was what I was asking and I appreciate the answer. Thank you! That camp does sound fantastic. There is one like that in southern Maine if that is easier. Look up the White Pine Center http://www.whitepineprograms.org/ I think they are pretty great.

Back
Top Bottom