Faverolles Thread

Hi everyone

I asked this question in the "What breed/gender is this?" section but didn't get a definite answer so I hope it's okay for me to post here too as you all seem to know your stuff about Faverolles!

Is there any way of telling at 16 weeks whether a Fav is bantam or standard?
I bought them as standards, but they're looking very small to me, but this is my first time raising chicks so I'm not too sure!

Thank you :)

Hi everyone 

I asked this question in the "What breed/gender is this?" section but didn't get a definite answer so I hope it's okay for me to post here too as you all seem to know your stuff about Faverolles!

Is there any way of telling at 16 weeks whether a Fav is bantam or standard?
I bought them as standards, but they're looking very small to me, but this is my first time raising chicks so I'm not too sure!

Thank you :)

There are subtleties in type and color that are difficult to explain...can you post pics?

There are subtleties in type and color that are difficult to explain...can you post pics?

Of course! I don't have many recent ones though as I've lost my camera, so had to use my phone instead.

Here's a chick photo (3 weeks) not sure if this would help at all:

7 weeks:

8 weeks:

16 weeks:

They will be 17 weeks on Friday. Do you need any particular shots? Above shots so you can see their back feathers, or of their legs etc?

Here's a couple of pics of my bantam whites. They were hatched the last weekend of April. Of the five, I have 3 whites - 2M, 1F. The other two are salmon M. Both parents presented as salmon. The father is Rose Isgrigg's line, he's where the white comes from.

These are the LF salmon's I hatched from Sandy, using two of the hens I previously hatched out from Dick last year. I think they are about seven weeks old. (You'd think I'd have remembered to write down something like that!) There should be a touch of Pete Merlin thrown in there, as well. Best of the best! (Excuse the dirty coop and run - guess I should take my pics AFTER I clean!)

are any of those the white pullet i sold last year to you at Sussex?

I have a part Favorlle rooster, he made kids, he is the best rooster, very sweet with people his girls and babies.
smile.png

Of course! I don't have many recent ones though as I've lost my camera, so had to use my phone instead. Here's a chick photo (3 weeks) not sure if this would help at all: 7 weeks: 8 weeks: 16 weeks: They will be 17 weeks on Friday. Do you need any particular shots? Above shots so you can see their back feathers, or of their legs etc?
Based on the photos, I'd say those are bantams.

Thank you cloverleaf. I wish I had an option here but I have no more Favs right now. Hopefully this fall. I would even be alright with bantams to be honest. I liked the ones I had sooooo much from Kees-- these birds were GORGEOUS and sweet, like salmon colored cotton candy! I am doing something I didn't think I would ever do-- have bantams on purpose. I am buying a few Dr Hawes Bantams and hopefully hatch a few Sultan LFs to go with so a few Favs would fit right in and thrill the kids that much more. Its me who would miss the big poofers.

Back
Top Bottom