Faverolles Thread

Hey all...just popping in for a minute before I head back over to the fair...

I've thought long and hard about whether or not to post on a certain subject, and I have tried to ignore it, but it keeps gnawing at me.  There isn't a super nice way to put this, so I'm just going to do the best I can...

Recently I saw a post from someone, which I believe was on Facebook, stating that she had chosen a farm name, that is VERY similar to mine.  This person lives less than an hour away from me, and also raises large fowl salmon Faverolles.  I am not pleased.

The real reason I am throwing this out there, is to clarify for people that are new to the Faverolles breed, and also to put the word out there to people that already know me.  I get A LOT of traffic on my Facebook page and my website from people that were just doing an internet search, or from word of mouth.  I don't want people to get confused by this, if they start typing in "Clover" and "Oregon" and "Faverolles" if multiple farm names start coming up.  I do NOT want her name associated with my birds, or my name associated with hers.  There is a huge difference in our lines.  

Bottom line here for the newbies is: do your research and make sure you know where your birds are coming from.  And I ask that, of the rest of you, if you hear of someone getting stock from "Clover-something" in Oregon, PLEASE ask and make sure they know whose birds they are getting.  
Thanks....  :/

Different country so unsure of laws but don't you have legal ways to make them change their name? Here we can't register a business name in the same state that is too close to another similar business. You can't trade without registering a name. So here you could report the use of a name like that.

Well, it's similar but not the same, so not sure there's anything I could do. I doubt she's registered. The system checks for names in use, but if it's not exactly the same, then you can do what you want, unfortunately.

Thanks! She is very sick with vent gleet though.
sad.png

Oh dear, I'm really sorry, I must of missed that post :( I really hope she's better soon x

Hey all...just popping in for a minute before I head back over to the fair...

I've thought long and hard about whether or not to post on a certain subject, and I have tried to ignore it, but it keeps gnawing at me. There isn't a super nice way to put this, so I'm just going to do the best I can...

Recently I saw a post from someone, which I believe was on Facebook, stating that she had chosen a farm name, that is VERY similar to mine. This person lives less than an hour away from me, and also raises large fowl salmon Faverolles. I am not pleased.

The real reason I am throwing this out there, is to clarify for people that are new to the Faverolles breed, and also to put the word out there to people that already know me. I get A LOT of traffic on my Facebook page and my website from people that were just doing an internet search, or from word of mouth. I don't want people to get confused by this, if they start typing in "Clover" and "Oregon" and "Faverolles" if multiple farm names start coming up. I do NOT want her name associated with my birds, or my name associated with hers. There is a huge difference in our lines.

Bottom line here for the newbies is: do your research and make sure you know where your birds are coming from. And I ask that, of the rest of you, if you hear of someone getting stock from "Clover-something" in Oregon, PLEASE ask and make sure they know whose birds they are getting.
Thanks.... :/

Have you tried messaging this person? It may just be an honest mistake and if she sees the problems that you do she may change her farm name.

No worries :) Hopefully it is just a mistake and she's not doing it purposefully.
I'm sure she would understand how confusing it can get having similar names, selling the same hens, and being so close to each other.

It's kind of like when you're in the store and you see a cheap knock off of a well known, high quality product - packaged similar and with a similar name, only shoppers who are paying close attention would know the real difference - that's just shiesty....

Yeah I'm new to favs, so my questions may be totally irrational to real chicken people, lol, sorry. I'm surprised by the extreme color variation in the fav hens, of course I haven't been able to read Peter Merlins paper on the subject of types yet so maybe that will clear it up... Is it a dilution gene that influences the coloring?

I should be ashamed of myself, but I can't answer that question yet!
hide.gif
A while back I asked for the names of a couple of good books for beginners, but I wasn't able to follow through with it. Maybe now that the rain is coming back I'll be forced to stay in and read something! My SO is always asking me how I can tell them apart! He seems amazed that I know them all individually and I even know which one is missing from the coop at night..... I, however, can't understand why he doesn't see how different they all are!!
big_smile.png

- Totally a legit question!

Cloverleaf Farm - your article popped up on the side so I was just having a read and drooling over how beautiful all your birds are!

This might be a silly question, but I've never shown my birds or really thought of showing them (I get a little worried with illness etc other birds can carry). But what makes a bird show quality? Or is it different for each breed? Does it matter who the parents were or just what the particular bird looks like?
What would make a fav show quality? Is there a page on it anywhere?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom