Faverolles Thread

I just went back and read the last post saying that he was shutting down to cleanup before starting the discussion on Favs. Is it showing you that is thread is locked?

seems only respectful or polite to note and invite the owner of pics used....
hmm.png

If anyone would like to order club t-shirts, this is what they are going to look like. They are a 100% preshrunk cotton t-shirt, in unisex sizes, on an ash gray background.
$22 includes shipping, both from the company to me, and then from me to you, as well as a few dollars to stay with the club. I would like to place the first order by September 25th. You can PayPal the club directly at [email protected]. I should have the shirts a week after the order is placed, and then will get them sent out ASAP. If you have any questions, let me know. :)

They look really nice!!

Is it correct grammar to have the s on the end of faverolles? Just feels like it should say the singular in that case?

Hi guys..I'm new to site..
Bought 11 birds (6 for laying, 5 for table) mixed breeds. They are now 3 months old.. And we are clueless re breeds!!!
turns out we have a Salmon Favorelle cock ( amoung others). We were going to keep a brahma cock for breeding, but turns out out was told our 'brahma' is a salmon fav!! just wondering what you would advise. Have 2 young children so that factor is important...
See picture ..

Yes that's a salmon Faverolle cockerel. And they are generally very docile, sweet birds, but you never know how roosters will react to young children. With very small kids, it's always a different ballgame, they move very differently than adults, for one, and they don't know how to interpret animal body language. Also, any rooster can mistake a child's exuberance around their hens as a threat.
I wish I had better advice, but I don't think that having kids under 6 or 7 around large fowl roosters is advisable, though people do it successfully all the time. ... ;)

That is the name of the club. Faverolles Fanciers of America.
(We fancy all Faverolles, not just one) ;)

Yeah I got that. Just thought its a bit like saying birds fanciers club v bird fanciers club :). That its more than one is a given without having to use the plural s

I really like the design though. Looks really smart and I'd be ordering one if I was in America :)

Back
Top Bottom