Faverolles Thread

O thanks for reminding me! I was going to ask if they could have VHs. I assume that is a DQ. Youu can ask anything you want about them.I dont know who I got them from. I bought them at a show in the sales pen area from some random guy. I can try and get better pics.
yes it is a DQ. What show did you buy them at? Does the roo have them too? You do not want to breed her.

Last edited:
yes it is a DQ.  What show did you buy them at?  Does the roo have them too?  You do not want to breed her.

the central indiana poultry show in lebanon, indiana. i havent paid much attention to the cockerel yet. He is very flighty and does mot care to be messed with. I will havd to look at him tomorrow. I figured with them having vulture hovkc i shouldnt breed them. I didnt even realize them until 3 days after i had them! But i didnt know, not having experience with the breed, uf they were supposed to have tgem or not. Oh well, lesson learned, i didnt spend too much on them. I might keep them just to have, depending on how their attitudes are within the next few weeks.

the central indiana poultry show in lebanon, indiana. i havent paid much attention to the cockerel yet. He is very flighty and does mot care to be messed with. I will havd to look at him tomorrow. I figured with them having vulture hovkc i shouldnt breed them. I didnt even realize them until 3 days after i had them! But i didnt know, not having experience with the breed, uf they were supposed to have tgem or not. Oh well, lesson learned, i didnt spend too much on them. I might keep them just to have, depending on how their attitudes are within the next few weeks.
try mealworms, I even got my button quails to be friends with me with mealworms.

Has anyone purchased Favs from Sandhill? I was wondering if they have show quality or pet quality birds.
Sandhill does not breed for exhibition and has never claimed to do so. Some of their breeds are closer to standard than others.

Of you are serious about showing then you'll have to find a different breeder. If you're looking for a backyard flock I'd give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom