Faverolles Thread

thanks

i'm worried about the black spots but hopefully they will disappear when they get their true feathers. I think i'll cull them from my breeding flock anyway.
I'd really not worry too much about the black flecks in the down. Unless you've introduced new blood recently, the genes responsible are most likely part and parcel
of the larger sum. In other words, and in my opinion, they'll have no discernible impact after the down is lost, and should be ignored.

Kind regards,
Kevin

I have them in with Brahmas, Cochins, and Orpingtons, and they do get picked on. Although the Faverolles outnumber the others, all of them are below the other breeds in the pecking order, so there is the occasional reminder. But, the other breeds are fairly laid back, so it's not that often, and I have enough space for everyone, and things to keep them occupied.
I guess I am lucky my two oldest Faverolles hens don't take &*%$ from anyone else in the flock neither does my Faverolles male. Even the sexlinks get knocked around by the Fav hens that are twice there size. They are still sweet to me and it never passes beyond enforcing their top rank in the pecking order. It may be because I had an existing fav flock and introduced the other birds as youngsters.

Hello,

Some times - Some Times: If you poke your index finger on the chick's back, and the chick "submits" You have a pullet.
If the chick raises up and resists or runs away, you have a cockrell. Some Times.

Jane

Hi Guys
New to this thread, wanted to say hello and that I enjoy the Faverolles very much. I am new to BYC, joined in January but have
no posted much. I have Bantams in Salmon and BBS (well Black and Splash), look forward to sharing and learning as much as I can. Thanks and have a great day...

Hi Guys
New to this thread, wanted to say hello and that I enjoy the Faverolles very much. I am new to BYC, joined in January but have
no posted much. I have Bantams in Salmon and BBS (well Black and Splash), look forward to sharing and learning as much as I can. Thanks and have a great day...

Very Nice! Where did you get them?

Hi Guys

Welcome to the thread. Beautiful birds. Love the BBS bantams.

Back
Top Bottom