Faverolles Thread

Im wanting some more info on toe placement and breeding. I have one rooster and one hen and from them I have a few babys, I havent really got to look at all of them too close yet but one has a toe almost like a dew claws(the babys). I know this wouldnt be a show quaility bird but what are the percentages even if you have a show pair and breed them that they will have a few babies that arent uo to the s.o.p.
Im wondering if I should invest in a better breeding pair or just cull out the less desirables.

Im wanting some more info on toe placement and breeding. I have one rooster and one hen and from them I have a few babys, I havent really got to look at all of them too close yet but one has a toe almost like a dew claws(the babys). I know this wouldnt be a show quaility bird but what are the percentages even if you have a show pair and breed them that they will have a few babies that arent uo to the s.o.p.
Im wondering if I should invest in a better breeding pair or just cull out the less desirables.
Even with the best pair you will have to cull. On average only 1 out of 10 will also be show quality. Others may be ones with faults but would be good breeders and the rest culls.

But focus more on the overall birds first, not just the toes. You can always post pictures here to get others' opinions.

I should have also asked if you were looking for eggs, chicks or juveniles. Only one person I know of ships chicks, and those are bantams. More people are willing to ship eggs than juveniles.

There was a guy in Arkansas who had some but he hasn't been on here in almost a year.

I really dislike when chicken sellers sell their birds using the words "pure breed". I was just on ebay and I saw this ad for faverolles eggs and they're listed as "pure breed salmon faverolles". The hens all look like they all came from a hatchery because one of them is almost black. Sure, they may be pure bred but they are not quality bred ugh just felt like i had to share this...
That is one interesting coloration, really quite pretty but not a standard color for sure. I notice Piper Omar has some beautiful LF Salmons and some of her project Lavenders….They too are really nice…PasoFino has her pretty LF Salmons listed also, didn't look to see if it included Blue Salmon….My Avatar Tank is a LF Blue Salmon from pasofino.

Hey, everybody. I know I haven't posted on here for a long time. Wanted everyone to know that I have acquired Ron and Jonathan Patterson's LF salmon flock and have hatching eggs available. $50.00 a dozen, plus $20.00 shipping(2 day priority mail). I've got eggs coming out of my ears and don't want them to go to waste. Payment via paypal. Let me know if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom