Faverolles Thread

"Elsa" the one in the background by the flowers has a very light beard/no dark. Both of them have very full beards. I will try to get full on face pics soon. I didnt take any more of Elsa because her beard was all wet lol (the other pics are of "Anna"

My 2 five week old pullets are VERY light. Almost white all the way down the beard tummy to the tail and legs..I love this but does anyone know if that is an issue as far as SQ standards?

The lighter girls are closer to the standard than the darker girls. As long as they maintain the salmon color on the upper body. I recently rehomed two girls that were virtually white birds with some salmon leakage. I would not have been able to show them.

"Elsa" the one in the background by the flowers has a very light beard/no dark. Both of them have very full beards. I will try to get full on face pics soon. I didnt take any more of Elsa because her beard was all wet lol (the other pics are of "Anna"

My 2 five week old pullets are VERY light. Almost white all the way down the beard tummy to the tail and legs..I love this but does anyone know if that is an issue as far as SQ standards?
In addition to comments from Mame1616, When you evaluate for show standards there are many things, general coloration & placement of color, *conformation*, five toes and their aligement, thriftiness/condition. when showing, livestock is judge on the animals attending…they could all be good or bad examples.

Here is one of my roos who hatched here. He is sold already but he is so handsome! He get very good home and own faverolles hens.
I will get two black hens on sunday. They lay eggs already and I wait when my youngsters start to lay. Maybe next month or october, they will be six months then.

This kinda greetings from Finland this time :)

What age do Faverolles chicks usually start to develop their beard/muffs? I have a feeling the cockerel I was planning to possibly keep as a rooster might not be full Faverolles since he has no sign of a beard or muff yet :(

Usually, the muffs are somewhat apparent even in the down stage as a chick. Similar to an EE, just a slightly poofy or fluffier cheek area. You may not notice it if there are no other breed chicks to compare by. Hang on, let me see if I can find a photo of mine as chicks.

Okay, this one is from maybe 3 or 4 weeks, she looks typical for most SF chicks of that age. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Where did you get them from? It looks like they got a weird comb almost like rose

An agricultural market locally, the put chicks in boxes with air holes, or chicken wire at one end
Then its an auction , I paid £8 for what was listed as two hens
Do any other breed have this kind of comb I can try work out what they are crossed with?

Back
Top Bottom