Faverolles Thread

Have you tried bribing them with food? When I need them to go back in their own I just have to throw some corn in it and they all rush in.
My two favs are THE WORST at coming in. All the others rush towards me when I call and offer treats (except the deaf exchequer leghorn, but she doesn't count :p), but both my favs (pullet AND cockerel) run away and peep like they're lost. Either they're too dumb to know treats, or smart enough to know I'm trying to trick them!

This is Hugo!

I have a beautiful sweet little lady that is mixed brown and black where my other girl is red brown is this a normal dis coloring pattern or is it a specific color? Also I have read there are only three colors of these chickens. I am looking to add a couple more of these ladies in the spring and I was looking into get two more salamon. What other colors variety would be fun to have? I had chickens growing up and raised a flock with my class and would love to hatch some fun chicks with my preschoolers.

I have a beautiful sweet little lady that is mixed brown and black where my other girl is red brown is this a normal dis coloring pattern or is it a specific color? Also I have read there are only three colors of these chickens. I am looking to add a couple more of these ladies in the spring and I was looking into get two more salamon. What other colors variety would be fun to have? I had chickens growing up and raised a flock with my class and would love to hatch some fun chicks with my preschoolers.

How old is she? In salmon Favs, black on the back and chest indicates that she is a he...

Adeline (my different colored girl) is 23 weeks old. She dosent have Spurs or crow. She lives with a hatch mate that has a leg injury. I took them to the vet. The vet looked at Adeline and said it was a she. I will try and take a picture of her. She is a super sweetie and treats her coop mate really well. what does the mahogany color look like? I can't seem to find any pictures.

Adeline (my different colored girl) is 23 weeks old. She dosent have Spurs or crow. She lives with a hatch mate that has a leg injury. I took them to the vet. The vet looked at Adeline and said it was a she. I will try and take a picture of her. She is a super sweetie and treats her coop mate really well. what does the mahogany color look like? I can't seem to find any pictures.
It is not uncommon for hatchery pullets to have some black coloring in them.

These are mahoganies

19130_4-23-09_151.jpg

I was told that they were hatched at the farm where I purchased them, but they only sold pullets. So I am sure she is a hatchery girl. The mahoganies are gorgeous.

Some hatchery pullets can have a lot of black. Here are a couple of examples people have posted on this site.

49869_chickens5_027.jpg

49869_6_week_old_new_2011_batch_005.jpg

Last edited:
It is not uncommon for hatchery pullets to have some black coloring in them.

These are mahoganies

19130_4-23-09_151.jpg
Great looking Mahoganies, where are these from? It seems that several of the hatcheries forget what Salmons are supposed to look like and i think it will eventually eliminate the auto sexing feature since its hard to tell sometimes any more…..I still encourage sending pics to the hatcheries that they come from with thanks what a nice Fav. or gee this doesn't look like what they are supposed to look like….
Mahoganies are bright and colorful, there are black,blue,splash,,,, lavender,,,,buff,,,,white,,,,,Salmon / BlueSalmon, Ermine, and ???….Most of the colors are rare and can come in both LF and bantam.

Back
Top Bottom