Faverolles Thread

Each Hatchery is different. Let us know what how yours grow out. The 2 hatcheries my originals came from were nice,,,,but there are lots of pics here of birds from one of them now that are not nice at all.

Has anyone ordered salmon faverolles from estes hatchery? I have placed a order for 16 pullets and 10 straight run and I am trying to figure out what to expect. I know I can't really expect much since it is hatchery stock.. but I can always be hopeful. Hopefully with the 26 chicks I can have a few to start out with. I am really wanting them for eggs and meat. But I have heard most hatchery SF aren't very good for either. How true is this?
I have never seen Estes' Faverolles. For giggles last year I grew out a dozen from Meyer that I picked up to keep a singleton hatchling company. A couple of them were on the darker side but on the whole they were quite nice for hatchery pullets. Nice full beards, great toes, and the type wasn't bad either. The down side was they were small, probably half the size of my breeder pullets. The kids adopted 2 for pets and they lay fairly well. Too bad the eggs freeze before I can collect them.

Last edited:
Hello! I recently got a faverolle rooster to go with my mix flock and I have kind of a silly question. Are they able to perch well with their weird toes? I have had him in my garage which has several places to perch but I have yet to see him higher than the ground...

They can perch just fine. I have had one or 2 oddballs over the years that try to avoid it. Maybe he is insecure in his new surroundings? Have you tried placing him on a perch at night to help him adjust?

Last edited:
Well I plan to move him into the coop tonight to introduce him to the ladies. I just didn't want to try to put him on the perch just for him to fall off. I guess we'll see how it goes!

* Has anyone ordered Salmon Faverolles from Meyer Hatchery?¿ Thoughts & Observations?¿ *
I got 2 from meyers they are 6 months old now. My cockerel is looking very pretty not sure how he fits breed standard just yet, my pullet was much better quality then my, mypetchicken pullet that I got first, but at about 8 weeks old she became pretty dark in the chest and beard, but not as nearly as dark as my first one, the best colored pullet of my 3 was the one that I picked up at a local feed store, but her outer toes curl out :/ my thought is at least I can tell them apart lol, they are more for pets and eggs then breeding, so I really don't care as much about looks its their personalities that I love the most!!

Back
Top Bottom