Faverolles Thread

I am getting in to the lovely birds and I am wondering what everyone things about my start up birds there parents came from Tennessee and we're show birds but I still am having issues finding the standards for them so.............. here I am asking

I still am having issues finding the standards for them so......
If you want the Faverolles standard you will have to order the Standard of Perfection from the APA. It's $59 for the most recent edition. The first 20-30 pages contain additional helpful information pertaining to all breeds (DQs, what to look for in structure, etc). It's a worthwhile investment.

My heart has been ripped to pieces today.
I have heard lots of warnings about predators on the loose so I have been locking up my girls every night. I came home late today and when I went out to count chickens and collect eggs, I noticed CheepCheep was missing. I looked down and saw her lifeless body.
******* ripped out her organs and took off with her head. I'm so devastated.

I have heard lots of warnings about predators on the loose so I have been locking up my girls every night. I came home late today and when I went out to count chickens and collect eggs, I noticed CheepCheep was missing. I looked down and saw her lifeless body.

Oh no! No no no no no no! Oh that's horrible! I'm so sorry, hon. Oh poor CheepCheep :( I've loved reading your updates. Too soon for her to leave us. I'm so sorry.

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you. That happended to one of our Cucko Marans last month and it is so terrible. They are like family.

I'm so sorry. That's terrible.

Are anyone else's Faverolles light-weights? My birds have constant access to high quality food but are pretty slim overall.

Mine has a pretty small frame that she makes up for in fluff. But I see her eating out of the feeder when everyone else is ranging! She puts out a lot of small, narrow, chalky pink eggs though, so I don't mind that she's small :)

Back
Top Bottom