Faverolles Thread

Hi all!! I’m originally from France, now living inSan Francisco. Just got confirmation from the President of the French Faverolles Club that he will be sending me a dozen hatching eggs in a few weeks. All bantams, half black, half salmon (In France, there are 7 recognized bantam colors, including white, cuckoo, blue, blue salmon, and white with black border.)

If by miracle any of these eggs hatch, we will be giving any boys away. Not interested in selling, we just want to give them good homes where they will be appreciated. So if you’re a Faverolles lover in California, and would be interested in an actual French Faverolles stock, watch this space! I’ll be posting updates.

white with black border
Those would be Ermines.

If by miracle any of these eggs hatch, we will be giving any boys away. Not interested in selling, we just want to give them good homes where they will be appreciated. So if you’re a Faverolles lover in California, and would be interested in an actual French Faverolles stock, watch this space! I’ll be posting updates.
Are you keeping any males for breeding? Will you post pictures of any males available, and will you ship? Not for me (I long ago gave up on bantams, zero demand around here even for pullets), but for a decades long breeder local to me. Last I knew he still had black and salmon bantams.

I might keep one male to cross with my American faverolles pullets, but other than that will give any away for pickup only (I've had bad experiences with live shipped birds)

tumblr_ololkmQdc11vkqhbno1_540.jpg

tumblr_ololkmQdc11vkqhbno2_1280.jpg

These are my two hens Moon and Owl :)

She's really cute! For names, I recommend french names, there's a lot of good ones and it relates back to the breed's heritage! I named my Faverolle rooster Winston!

Back
Top Bottom