Faverolles Thread

Chill Henry... you are going to do fine!
smile.png
I think the Favs are the easiest eggs to hatch. Dependable little critters, they are... now the marans are another story.
wink.png

Quote:
I am more relaxed now that I heard peeping. Hopefully some will be out when I get home from school tommorow.

Henry

Quote:
clap.gif
Yay Henry! Sending good hatching vibes your way:
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I ended up with 6 of the 12 Favs that went into lockdown. I've been beating myself up all morning because, after checking the unhatched eggs left in the bator today, the one Fav that I had that had the aircell on the wrong end, had actually pipped and started zipping. I had agonized over how to position this egg at lockdown and wavered back and forth over in the egg carton, air cell up or lying on its side on the wire. I ended up putting it in the egg carton, so of course, it pipped on the bottom and suffocated! If I had just laid it on its side! I just want to smack myself
smack.gif
! Oh, well, I will know if that happens to me again. Meanwhile, back at the brooder I have 6 very fluffy Favs and one poofball Silkie to enjoy. Three of the Favs were hatched on Friday (and the Silkie) and three on Saturday and its amazing what a difference in size just one day makes!

Here are two of the ones that hatched Saturday. I put them in the bowl to keep the bigger babies from picking on them. I had to get them out of the incubator before they dried to keep them from trampling the last Fav that hatched as it had not absorbed its yolk and I wanted to try to keep it as quiet as possible. It was fine after a couple of hours and then I moved it to the ICU bowl with the other two overnight. All three were up and toodling around fine on Sunday.
FavICU.jpg

Here is the Silkie and its buddy:

Buds.jpg

More babies (you can see the size difference in the first pic - the one on the thermometer and the one with the red dot were hatched Sat. The fatso in the middle of them is one that hatched Friday):

BusyBabies.jpg

FavNap.jpg

FebHatch5.jpg

NewFavs.jpg

FebHatch7.jpg

Well... the recent picts just proved what I suspected... I have no roos! We ordered 20 Faves including 2 roos, 4 died
sad.png
.... I took my 14 home hoping for a roo or two... nothing, they're 3 wks now, and all look the same. I'm bummed

Back
Top Bottom