Faverolles Thread

My little fav girl layed her first egg yesterday .. and then another today .. I'm so proud.
big_smile.png
Here they are next to my little leghorn's eggs.

chicken030910001.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
would love for you to have them! to bad if you want eggs from my flock let me know. I am culling down to 7 hens and one rooster soon. So I can hatch some for my self and have the Silver Penciled Rock bantams and Ameraucana pullets have a nice place in the coop also.

Henry

Quote:
I know someone who got some pullets from Ideal last year. Their coloring was just awful. Most of the girls not only had black flecking, they had large patches of black! Many looked like roos, not pullets. So it's possible you do have your 12 pullets but they won't look that great.

we lost some of the pullets upon delivery (4).

Here's the dark girl
darkpullet.jpg

you can see a roo tail in the background.

Here's a roo
roo.jpg

another hen... yes with speckles! I have a couple like her (ignore the speckles on the tub wall, eeek!)
speckles.jpg

I only have a few pullets that have light feathers on the breast.

(sorry for the photo quality, used cell phone)

Last edited:
I am going to have set at least 36 eggs by the end of march
barnie.gif
8 black ameraucana bantams, 12 Silver Penciled Rock bantams, 12 assorted duccles, 6+ faverolles from BeeBalls stock and possibly 8 black brahma bantams. This is insanity I also know that I am going to set at least 6 eggs with the Comer Cockerel over the best three hens and then possibly some eggs from the Oxley boy if he decides to start mating any time. Boy do I have the fever! How is everyone else doing hatching wise/ chick wise? Hopefully at the begining of April I will be able to move everyone out more quickly so that I don't have to many chicks inside.

well, i have another pair of bantam favs to add to my flock in a couple of weeks.
big_smile.png
getting them from Chickn, one of our locals. i just won 8 black bantam brahmas too! i'll be giving them to a broody since i've been having issues with my bator. (didn't help with loosing power from our wind storm and humidity dropped too low and i didn't notice)

Chickie'sMoma :

well, i have another pair of bantam favs to add to my flock in a couple of weeks.
big_smile.png
getting them from Chickn, one of our locals. i just won 8 black bantam brahmas too! i'll be giving them to a broody since i've been having issues with my bator. (didn't help with loosing power from our wind storm and humidity dropped too low and i didn't notice)

My pair from Leisha is arriving tommorow! We will hopefully have brahmas that are brothers and sisters. Hope a girl or two go broody so I don't have to raise all my babies inside for the first few weeks.​

Quote:
My pair from Leisha is arriving tommorow! We will hopefully have brahmas that are brothers and sisters. Hope a girl or two go broody so I don't have to raise all my babies inside for the first few weeks.

do you have any fake eggs or golf balls? set them out and see if anyone grabs them for a couple of days!
lol.png

i can't leave the ones i have or one of my bantam cochins growls at me!
lol.png
she's not serious about it yet but she keeps trying a couple days a week and then gives up when i steal 'her' eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom