Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I have seen this in my salmons the cockerel I have has very light wingbows making him unshowable he has amazing type and good color otherwise. We had also talked about this when I showed him pictures of the salmons I had he said I had two darker hens that if mated correctly could produce some stellar males but the female offspring wouldn't be that nice. I don't have the space to do a double mating. I am also considering refocusing all of my coop space and effort in to the lavender salmon and lavender project and also into breeding the best BBS bantam and white faverolles.

Henry

Quote:
Yeah, he felt breeders in the US were producing roos that were great pullet breeders, but no pullets that were great cockerel breeders.

Any chance you're coming this way for any college interviews? You could stop by for a visit and see other colors you need to have.
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, he felt breeders in the US were producing roos that were great pullet breeders, but no pullets that were great cockerel breeders.

Any chance you're coming this way for any college interviews? You could stop by for a visit and see other colors you need to have.
smile.png

I am done with college visiting but I know I will drive up and see Dick and hopefully you this summer I need to drop off my lavender splits and salmon lavender splits. I am taking a class here until July 10th but then I will drive up shortly after that I think.

Henry

Quote:
I do have a splash pullet that I am sending two Chickiesmoma next week. She has a washed out salmon color with no lacing splash for some reason does that to the female salmon coloring.

now i have to wonder if my pullet hatched from those eggs is a splash! she is sooo pale in color but she does look to have some slight lacing. i'll need to get some pics of her. she has been so sweet and her brother has been too.

I have some baby fav girls from Meyer shipping out tomorrow! I know they probably aren't super quality, but they are for an EE project. I have a splash wheaten ameraucana roo:weee, and am hoping for some blue super-bearded offspring

Quote:
I got two fairly nice quality faverolles pullets from Meyer so they could surprise you. That is how I got started with the breed and now I am pretty clearly in love.

Henry

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:
did i miss a show somewhere close to me? i haven't been prowling the boards as much as i usually do lately so i may have missed a notice about a show coming up.

Nope not a show she is working on a project and went to pick up some birds
big_smile.png

Took some pictures of individual birds
Leighton Hen
4305_dscn0407.jpg

Leighton Pullet
4305_dscn0410.jpg

Oxley Pullet
big_smile.png

4305_dscn0414.jpg

4305_dscn0413.jpg

4305_dscn0412.jpg

Comer Cockerel
4305_dscn0415.jpg

Hattrick Hen
4305_dscn0408.jpg

Here is a nice garden picture or two
4305_dscn0433.jpg

4305_dscn0442.jpg

Quote:
No mine only lay a light tan egg, are you sure she is not an EE, that is colored like a fav. She sure is pretty but I would think she is not a full bred Fav. Her comb from this angle also looks like an EE comb not like Alma's straight comb. Hmmm. Somebody else will come and tell you for sure cause I am far from being an expert.
big_smile.png

I think you are right. I've been looking at her more today and she has clean legs, a small comb and is also quite narrow in the rump compared to my other hen. She has a lot of "character" too though
wink.png

These are the eggs
IMG_4763.jpg

Back
Top Bottom