Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I got my Standard Faverolles from Melissa, byc member pasofinofarm. She is in Conroe, Texas and has really beautiful birds.
smile.png
She is also really great to work with... when we came out she gave us a tour of her farm and showed us how to milk a cow.

Quote:
I was pvt'd who it was that told her that. Matt will do a MUCH better job.

yeah she clerked for him so got to talk to him which I guess wasn't a good thing. He didn't seem to have time to talk to anyone otherwise. I'm going to his show in about a month but at least won't have to worry bout him judging. It'll be Terry Britt and Danny padgett. So well see how that goes. Looking forward to seeing what Terry has to say about my buff orps.

Glad matt will do a good job. Or maybe at least be tactful in tellin us our birds are CRAP!! Heehee. Just kidding!

Last edited:
Quote:
I was pvt'd who it was that told her that. Matt will do a MUCH better job.

yeah she clerked for him so got to talk to him which I guess wasn't a good thing. He didn't seem to have time to talk to anyone otherwise. I'm going to his show in about a month but at least won't have to worry bout him judging. It'll be Terry Britt and Danny padgett. So well see how that goes. Looking forward to seeing what Terry has to say about my buff orps.

Glad matt will do a good job. Or maybe at least be tactful in tellin us our birds are CRAP!! Heehee. Just kidding!

Show ethic is you never clerk for the judge judging your birds.

Quote:

Terry will do a very nice job. Sometimes it's best not say something if it won't be nice. There would be NOTHING nice I would have to say about the other and I have known him for very long time.

Clerking when you are showing...Nope! That subject is about like judges showing at shows where they would be judging. That vote got a huge national NO.

If you do clerk, clerk for the judge not judging the class you are in. Remember all judges has thei own interpretation of the standard. And they have their own opinion. If you like it or not.

Quote:

Show ethic is you never clerk for the judge judging your birds.

Well, I was asked to do it by the guy running the show. It's a small show and there was a shortage of people around, most of whom had a lot more birds in than I did. The only birds that were mine were the 3 Favs and I don't think he knew they were mine. There was another judge doing the Junior entries, but my kids had birds entered, so it would have been the same deal if I had helped him. Oh, well, I'm sure things are much more organized at the larger national shows.

I'm glad to hear good things about Matt. I won't be clerking at this one! lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom