Faverolles Thread

Any quality bantam Faverolle girls available at Ohio national?
We are heading down to nationals for the first time with our 9year old daughter, she is planning on bringing home a few Dutch bantams.

This morning we found a unfortunate sight in the barn, a coon got several of her girls. They were in a seperate isolation coop in our barn after just coming back from a show 2 weeks ago. Yesterday afternoon she let loose in the barn aisle to run around and then came in the house and next thing we knew she had the flu and did not return to the barn as planned. We totally forgot that her girls had not been locked back up and the coop door was wide open! A coon grabbed 2 of her faverolle girls, both had done very well at thier first show.

She had been wanting to add a few more faverolles to her flock. They are the greatest little birds. As much as she enjoys raising her birds from chicks it would be nice to try and find some quality mature birds. Who is heading down to nationals with some show quality bantam faverolle pullets or hens? Thanks much- Mom of a upset 9 year old!
sad.png

Thanks everyone. I am really pleased with the chicks and the hatch rate. As soon as I can tell the girls from the boys
I will be picking two pullets to keep for myself and the others will be offered for sale. Any tips or special care needs for
faverolles chicks?

Interesting that you would mention that. I just checked them a few minutes ago and two out of the six had a little pasty butt starting. They are cleaned up now, but I will have to keep an eye on that. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom