Faverolles Thread

Quote:
These hens/pullets remind me of the Rose Isgrigg line.
Dick

They have some nice blocky heads. One of the pullets I sent up there too you is from Jeff Oxley who I believe has Rose's line. One was from Leisha (dark hen) and one was from a breeder in RI.

Henry

Quote:
Pretty guys Henry looks good. I like the look of some of this years pullets you do need the cream in the beards but they do looks good.

Quote:
You really need to wait and post pics when they are older. There is a little bit of smut that I can see on the first pullets beard, but that may disappear with her first moult.

Agreed.
Dick

Quote:
Didn't you get some eggs from Rose at one point?

Hey Keesmom,
Where have you been? Haven't seen you on here for awhile. January 15th and 16th is the Congress show. I had planned on going to the show Saturday afternoon, but its my grand-daughters birthday. Can't miss that because I'll never hear the end of it HA. It looks like now I'll be going to the show in the morning. I'll have to get up early to get to the show and I need to leave there by 12:00 noon.
Just got my Poultry Press and its nice to see a few Faverolles in there. Congratulations to Leisha for her wins. It's really tough to win in my neck of the woods. We have a ton of silkie breeders and brahma breeders. I only won once were there was a total of 55 featherlegs. We'll I gotta get out there and feed my birds.
Dick

Quote:
Pretty guys Henry looks good. I like the look of some of this years pullets you do need the cream in the beards but they do looks good.

ok.i will get some pics of each one(when when the weather clears)and let you guys critic them but be nice;)

Quote:

Yes I did got a dozen eggs and hatched three chicks all were missing a toenail so I decided I wouldn't breed them and sold them off. Instead of breeding them I got the pair of Oxley birds the male is with chickiemama and the pullet who was great is with Dick.

Quote:

Yes I did got a dozen eggs and hatched three chicks all were missing a toenail so I decided I wouldn't breed them and sold them off. Instead of breeding them I got the pair of Oxley birds the male is with chickiemama and the pullet who was great is with Dick.

I will be breeding her this spring.
Dick

Quote:

and that handsome Oxley boy is still sweet! though he only has one daughter with Kiva so far and she looks good overall, i noticed in her beard that she has a couple of spots of black at the tips of her feathers. Delilah is soooo sweet just like dad! i'm hoping to get my breeding pen set up for him so i can get some more beautiful pullets!

Back
Top Bottom