Faverolles Thread

Quote:
OH look at my Grandchicks!!!! Love those faces

Your grandchicks are growing like crazy! getting their wing feathers in really well now! Think I definitely have a couple roos!
smile.png
Now that I know how to post pics, I will try and get some current pics done!

I had two favorelles that hatched ..today they went into the brooder and ..oh my goodness, what a different personality then any of my other chicks,,ever

Both, just will pop right up and run to my hands..if I scratch the food bowl with my dinger tips..like my fingers are beaks..lol
They hop up, run over and eat..like were eating together
If I take my fingers and poke the water bowl..yep, same thing..pop up, run over and drink the water

They are just so curious and very friendly

I know..your probably thinking their Roos eh?

Lol

Just had to share

Quote:
Cute chicks. In the first picture I'm looking at the black chick in the back. That chick almost looks like a mottle. Keep me informed on that one. Mottled chicks have black on the top and white on the bottom with white heads and black spots on the head. It's a possibility. The faverolles chick with the stripes I have seen before. I have hatched around one or two a year. But with everything going on here I never really followed the chick to see what it looked like after it feathered out. I believe they turned out to be males.
Dick

Quote:
Well, I guess it won't be Blue Salmon if it isn't a good idea. Blue and Black are hard to come by, right? This is going to take a lot of thinking....

I still really enjoy looking at her even if I never use her in a project. She helps me not be so anxious about some Faverolle chicks.

Thanks for everyones advice.
thumbsup.gif

Let's not jump on that train of thought just yet. Dick what would happen if a Blue Salmon male were used. If you enjoy the variety, certainly they are pretty, then I wouldn't toss the thought. Let us work on this for a bit longer. I like the female and think she could be a start into something that you would enjoy creating. Start with what you have and go from there is still my motto. If I told half of what I'm actually doing down here to get a specific look in ALL my favs as fast as possible (the newer colors for me) I'd be held accountable for war crimes and ethnic cleansing. rofl You've got a jump on a fav project in my opinion. Grab it and snarl and make it yours like I said.
So Dick I guess we need to get an opinion here on that possibility.

Melissa, might you have a blue salmon down on the ground with hens?-) Its a job for Pasofino Farms!
yippiechickie.gif

Peter

A blue salmon male would work. Using a salmon male would work also, that would give her blue salmons. Either way, I believe some salmon hens would pop from any one of these breedings. Then take the male and go back to his salmon daughters. This breeding would make those chicks 3/4 Faverolles. Yes, you would have a bunch of culls but you would also be creating a new Faverolles line. Blue salmons are pretty.
Dick

I have some eggs from Melissa in the incubator now that are due to hatch next Friday. She tells me that some of them may be Blue Salmons. Hmmmm . . . maybe there was a good reason that I kept that nice Blue Orp cockerel around.
wink.png

Quote:
The striped chick is a male. I can take more pictures of the blues and blacks that hatched later. There are 5, and one splash.

Quote:
The striped chick is a male. I can take more pictures of the blues and blacks that hatched later. There are 5, and one splash.

I sent you a PM with a similar chick that I hatched a couple days ago. My chick has no stripes though...is a funky lavender or silver color.

Anyone had a chick born like this? I still have lavender genetics floating around in my lines and split parent birds. Would love opinions on what the color is or may be.
Pics taken next to a blue chick and a normal sal.

39809_oddball4.jpg
39809_sl23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom