Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Look at the spacing on the toes, and the leg feathering for now. They are much too young to judge color on, they won't "finish" as far as color goes until 8 months plus. You can also look at comb points right now. During their awkward adolescent phase, which they are entering now, it's too hard to judge fullness of beard / muffs, in my opinon. I don't like to cull for beards / muffs until they are more mature, unless of course they hatch clean faced.

There really isn't "good coloring" on a chick, it just changes too much on the boys.

Here's good spacing on the 4th and 5th toe:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_toes.jpg

You also want to make sure the leg feathering goes all the way down the outer toe, and it isn't on the middle toe (though a few stubs on the middle toe now may or may not still be there when it's mature).

Hope this helps!
smile.png

A single combed bird should ideally have 5 points, if they both have 5 points, the one with more even points would be better. I don't have a pic of leg feathering....anybody else have one?? I'm sure if you go back through this thread a ways you will find pics that will show you good leg feathering...

Does anyone have a picture of Salmon faverolle hens and blue Salmon Faverolle hens. Sorry for all the questions lately, I am trying to make a decision and I still have a lot to learn about faverolles.

Thanks,
MIchelle:p

Quote:
To cute J!!! What hatched from the eggies I sent out, anything worth keeping?

Oh my gosh Misty, I'm sorry, I meant to PM you, I thought I did!!
hide.gif
I ended up with 2 blues, 1 black, and 2 salmons. One of the salmons and the black went to one of my 4Hers, he had a lone silkie chick that needed brooder friends.
big_smile.png

Oh no problem hun...I'm not online as much anymore, so it's ok
smile.png
Glad you had a decent hatch, although I wish it would have been more
hmm.png
Shoot me a PM when you have time, would love to chat and see what the babies look like.

Quote:
There isn't much difference between the two. Salmon hens have dark grey-black tips on the tail feathers and primary feathers, and grey underfluff. Blue salmon hens will have blue-grey tips on primaries and tail feathers, and blue-grey underfluff. Splash salmon hens have white tail feathers and white underfluff.

Quote:
no one has any for sale???!!!

I can put you on a waiting list, but I don't have anything right now. Check with pasofinofarms, and yes, PiperOmar has nice birds too (her roo is from my flock).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom