Faverolles Thread

Oh, Peter. I am so sorry for you loss. We will keep you and whats left of your flock in our prayers.

We had something go threw our chick flock a couple years ago. My husband ended up culling all the chicks and we just started over. All because we bought a chick for my son and put it into our chick pen without quarantine. The little roo chick was from a fellow BYCer and I just thought everything would be fine. Well, we learned from that mistake. We try not to bring anything onto the farm anymore, but if there is something the kids and I can't live without.....we do quarantine for months now. I am so thankful it was just chicks and not adults I had bonded with.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am so sorry... Still new to this breed and was so hopeful to get stock from you at some time. I hope there is some thing that can help you get a good start again. I am so sorry for your losses.

Peter, my heart hurts for you. I would have done the same thing with those chicks, especially if I had hatched them myself. I've "rescued" chicks from the feed store before, and even the SPCA. But still, I would never think that the chicks in the feed store would have fowl cholera - who would? These diseases are so insidious, obviously even the most experienced of us cannot fight them.
I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Please keep us posted on how you're doing, because you'll be in all of our thoughts.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Peter, I am so very sorry for the huge loss you experienced.
hugs.gif
It brought tears to my eyes reading it because I know I would have been devastated. I hope you can find some healing in time.

i am sooo sorry to hear about your flock Peter. i hope you will be able to recover the remaining birds you have and keep them safe from this. would you be able to have them kept in some sort of pen area with a cement pad that could be scrubbed and sanitized? i have a chemical that i can mix with water that is supposed to clean the coop of viruses, bacteria and fungus, but i have yet to use it since i read the directions and it makes me feel like i have to have some sort of bio hazard suit just to use the stuff! apparently it is many times more stronger than bleach!

Back
Top Bottom