Faverolles Thread

Quote:
i have found that when mites get into the beards that sometimes another bird will pluck the feathers out in the process of social grooming. or it could be that you have a beard plucker that you wouldn't want to keep in the pen with your favs. it can sometimes be genetic and they will continue to keep plucking them out! the feathers should grow back even without molting, it just takes some time to look right again!
hmm.png

i had been using a spray that a fellow BYCer had been making and when i ran out i started having issues again with the mites getting into the beards. Pixwell lost his entire beard and he looked miserable for a few weeks till it started coming back in! i've since figured out how to make a similar spray and as long as i keep up with a weekly treatment i don't have any issues with bugs on the birds or the girls trying to pluck the beards from the boys, or the other way around!

I don't think its mites, I checked them this morning for any sign of mites, as as I was doing that, the sexlinks walked right upto one of the Fav's and started pecking at her...
I hate to get rid of her (she lays huge eggs) and she is the Oldest out of the bunch, also I have no were to seperate her from the rest... I guess, I'll have to work something out...

i think they are sweeter! i have 4 bantam fav roosters-2 salmon, 1 splash salmon, and 1 blue salmon. plus i think the 2 i just hatched out are both boys
roll.png
i have 2 fav crossed boys-the cuckoo project boy has a wonderful disposition and mellow attitude towards people, the other one is still young and kind of a spaz at the moment but will let me pick him up without much fuss and give him a cuddle.

Back
Top Bottom