Faverolles Thread

Where's those pics Peter???
pop.gif

So I finally got a few faverolles. I've been looking for the perfect ones for about 6 months. I thought I had found them and went to pick up two hens that had just begun laying a few weeks ago and an unrelated trio between 2-3 months. I drove three hours to get my precious birds only to be told to meet in a parking lot. She brought two 2 month olds and three that she said are 5 weeks but they are just starting to get feathers. :-/ and I feel like I was way overcharged. But I wasn't about to leave empty handed after all the anticipation and the long drive. I'm very happy with my birds never-the-less just disappointed with the situation.

So I'm wondering what is a good, fair price for birds around those ages?

Quote:
I guess that depends. Young birds, baby chicks . I just got were $8. But layers some peeps R gettn' $15 to $25. and 3 & 5 month olds I have seen $12 to $15. depends

I am still a newbee with only 4 yrs of having chickens. & not even a full yr of going 2 swaps.. The most I paid 4 a hen was $30 & she was a silver laced Polish that had not started laying yet, sadly I lost her to a cold this winter.

Quote:
Depends on the quality. From my birds, straight run day olds are $8 each. Once they hit 2-3 weeks and are sexable, the pullets are $15, and the roos stay at $8, unless they have funky toes or something. From there the price varies depending on quality.
smile.png

If anyone is selling Salmon cockerels or roosters, please message me. I'm looking for quality breeders. Blue Salmon boys are fine as well. Let me know if you can ship.

Thanks!

Quote:
The description you give makes me wonder that if in the future you may consider hatching shipped eggs of this breed if you need more. I have recently hatch another batch of LF Salmon Fav's and have 9 peeps in the brooder. I should be able to sex them soon. I have another batch going in the incubator and they will be ready to hatch soon. That may be easier than the extended search or drive time.

Quote:
Unfortunately our weather season of flood is on us. Not a pretty time for pics. Last young group down on the ground and no breaks of any kind. THIS is a good thang.!
peter

Glad to hear things are starting to look up Peter!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom