Faverolles Thread

Quote:
This is the famed Rose I? The woman whos address i have had by computer for over a year? WOW! Between Leisha - Peter - Kassandra and you this is a star studded thread ! Look forward to learning all i can here! Ok that probably sounded a bit "rear end" kissing but seriously not many threads carry so much knowledge on a breed!
I too Rose recently got my first Faves at the Lucasville show and was told they come from your lines! And have some lil ones at Leisha's waiting to "come home" now!!!!
wink.png

Heck, I still am in awe of Peter...If everyone comes to Lucasville next fall for the National, we can all get together and tell some major whoppers on each other! Peter will have to tell the story of the first time I met him..I was almost a stalker! He was so busy (Lake City Show in January) cooping in, I just watched to learn!

Thanks everyone for all the compliments about me and my birds. I don't know everything and alot to learn. But if you stop learning, you might as well give up. Kassandra I consider you my friend and won't steer you wrong. Hats off to you too Ron

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not giving up on the breed either Ron. I too have commited 8 years to this and ain't going away anytime soon. I have a goal and I WILL achieve it, as long as my health lets me live long enough to do so.

I raise geese and Barred Rocks by the standard but will never show them...I just want the best of what can be made by the standards the long -passed breeders set forth for us...very rewarding to know your scrambled eggs are from fine-looking hens!
wink.png

Speaking of better things now
big_smile.png
: NewToFarming, do you have bantams or LF? I'm in SE Ohio...I may have some extra bantams that will make good breeders, my LF are still babies and I need to work on them more before I can distribute any of them..I need to get more consistency with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
The ones I will part with will be good breeding stock but they, themselves will not do well in shows (some smuttiness in feathers)...that is easily remedied by the right males. PM me for details and we can set up some sort of meeting spot or mailing. I don't usually cull for color because those, I've found..produce some beauties when crossed correctly.

Hello Rose, So glad to see You here too! My chicks are doing well, thankyou for the eggs....I guess there will always be moments of sensitivity in any group. There is so much that i have learned and appreciate hearing from everyone here, new and seasoned, and i hope it continues. Thankyou All, eliz

Last edited by a moderator:
Rose, it is certainly good to see you in here! It has been a very long time since I emailed you last about getting some Faverolles. I still love the breed even I do not have any right now but certainly I can get back in! They are just as gentle as my Welsummers and very laid back personality!

Peter, good to see you back even you were absent for a short time.

Now has anyone seen Dick lately? He has not posted for some time and wondered if he has survived the mess out in the East Coast.

I think Leisha and the rest of the members are doing pretty good with the Faverolles. Sometimes breeders fad comes and goes. Peter and Dick had their highlights, Rose and Pontious had theirs along with Mike Stapish's and it is now Leisha's turn. If you look hard enough, you can find just about every lines that goes back to Peter, Dick, Rose, Pontious, Stapish and Leisha's.......they all contribute the BEST they have and hopefully it continues to be for the next century. Wouldn't that be so neat to have your name still recognized over 50 years? Not very many breeders are able to do that!

Back
Top Bottom