Faverolles Thread

yea it is, but from what i have read it can be genetic or temperature flux - being a broody, not sure if maybe that might be a possibility- either way, i'll keep an eye on her the next few days while i try to decide what to do- its the bottom beak doing it- i did watch today and she is active and able to catch flies and eat- she will for sure not be used for breeding, possiblly in the house so i can monitor? not sure yet

i am sorry :(
thanks for letting me know.i will keep a record of it and also check with others who have some chicks.

no problem- like raising any animal glitches happen- i have recommended you to others...:) still waiting to see who are girls and boys- but looks like i have 3 girls at least..:)

Good luck can't wait to hear how it goes. Take lots of pictures! Hope its a great show!

Finally back from the show....Jeanine can give the full report, but just wish to say she has done a great job helping folks become excited about Favarolles. She and friends had LF & bantam Salmon, Blue Salmon and her son also showed bantam Black Favs....really pretty....gave her heart and soul.....An interesting fact, of the many chick thru adult birds offered in a breeder auction for the show org.....a male/female pair of started Salmon Favarolle chicks brought high bid. Think they were Merlin / Riddle (?) breeding. Jeanine would remember more about their parents....Also a LF hen took Reserve Continental.
eliz

some times u can use a fingernail clippers and trim the part of the beak that is in the way of it closing proper... u have to be careful to not cut to much or they will bleed... i still would not use it for breeding but i have had a couple that i got to straiten most of the way back out and lived out there life in the layer coop...
yea it is, but from what i have read it can be genetic or temperature flux - being a broody, not sure if maybe that might be a possibility- either way, i'll keep an eye on her the next few days while i try to decide what to do- its the bottom beak doing it- i did watch today and she is active and able to catch flies and eat- she will for sure not be used for breeding, possiblly in the house so i can monitor? not sure yet

WOW!! What a show! I ran around that place like a mad woman all weekend (OK, truth be told I usually do that anyway LOL) but I had a blast!!

Numbers of birds shown still weren't as high as I would've liked to see, BUT were UP for our area!! YAY!!! And yes, the pair of LF chicks that were auctioned off were high bid, at for $160 for the pair. They were from Riddle / Patterson breeding.

There were 8 LF Salmons shown in the open show - 1 cockerel, 5 hens, 2 pullets Tamsen Polley took Champion Faverolles, and Reserve Continental with her salmon hen, and I took Reserve Faverolles of open show with a salmon pullet.

There were 5 bantams shown in the open show - 2 blue hens, 1 blue salmon cock, 2 salmon cocks. BB went to Karen Carpenter's salmon cock, and RB went to O'Neal Chicks salmon cock.

In the youth show, there were 2 LF salmon hens shown - BB and Reserve Continental to Jonah Hart, RB to Zack Markell
There were 7 bantams shown in the youth show - 4 blacks, and 3 salmons - BB and Champion Faverolles Junior to Jonah Hart, RB and Reserve Faverolles Junior to Mackenzie Graham.

Congratulations to all the exhibitors!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who made a donation - the host club, the Pacific Northwest Poultry Association, donated $100 in cash awards, Laurel Zepp, Karen & Tamsen Polley donated silent auction items, Elizabeth Martin donated special youth awards, and Andrew Hamilton made a cash donation toward awards.

I will post pics after I go to the store and get them onto a CD off of my camera! ;)

Back
Top Bottom