Faverolles Thread

YEAH, FIVE BEAUTIFUL BLACK FAVEROLLES FOLLOWED ME HOME FROM THE POST OFFICE THIS MORNING ! ! !

THANK YOU CINDY ! ! !
wee.gif
ya.gif

So happy to hear all the shipped birds have made it safe and sound
big_smile.png
I have a question for everyone though, how many of you test/worry about mycoplasma gallesepticum? And if you do test was it required for your state test?

I'm so glad they made it. The USPS website hasn't even updated yet to show that they've arrived.

I will be interested in knowing what size egg the lighter pullet lays. Same for Gigantor Henry, as well as one of the pullets n8ivetxn is getting. They are all from one of my last hatches, where I set only the largest eggs.
That is exciting to hear. At this point I think I am going to hatch a from the whole flock once and then possibly set another bunch of eggs just from Gigantor. I am excited to see how big the eggs are hopefully big :)

I had the man from the A1 program test mine for an extra fee. He said he thought I would owe about 50.00 for that and the salmonellae test. The others a1 and pylorrum were 5.00. I have never received a bill and have had the results back for over 3 weeks. I lost a flock to it one time. MS that is. I could have kept them, it is not a reportable disease but I did not want sick and dieing birds. I loved them to much to see them suffer. My MS was a very virulent strong strain. After my birds were gone I CRIED FOR 3 MONTHS OFF AND ON. then I started back with new birds. I had only tiny one day olds shipped from a breeder and eggs that i hatched. I now have one hen that shows a very weak ???? Ms I was suggested to start Denaguard 15 cc per gallon of water for one week then rest them for two weeks and retreat. That is suppose to get it. I am starting the second dosage this weekend. No symptoms seen. All look healthy and grew well. I am keeping my fingers crossed this truly works. Since this is an antibiotic that is not used in humans there is no egg cut off needed. I question this. Gloria Jean

I had the man from the A1 program test mine for an extra fee. He said he thought I would owe about 50.00 for that and the salmonellae test. The others a1 and pylorrum were 5.00. I have never received a bill and have had the results back for over 3 weeks. I lost a flock to it one time. MS that is. I could have kept them, it is not a reportable disease but I did not want sick and dieing birds. I loved them to much to see them suffer. My MS was a very virulent strong strain. After my birds were gone I CRIED FOR 3 MONTHS OFF AND ON. then I started back with new birds. I had only tiny one day olds shipped from a breeder and eggs that i hatched. I now have one hen that shows a very weak ???? Ms I was suggested to start Denaguard 15 cc per gallon of water for one week then rest them for two weeks and retreat. That is suppose to get it. I am starting the second dosage this weekend. No symptoms seen. All look healthy and grew well. I am keeping my fingers crossed this truly works. Since this is an antibiotic that is not used in humans there is no egg cut off needed. I question this. Gloria Jean

thanks for your reply and I am so sorry for your losses
hugs.gif

The mg/ms is not a required test in NC. to get your A1 clean flock for NPIP certification. I forgot to answer that before. they test for tyhoid pylorum and A!. If they find Mg they will destroy your flock. You can get MS easily from wild bird contact and is almost impossible to avoid in a free range flock or one where wild birds frequent. Gloria Jean

Great news! How many did you get from Keesmom. The pullets I have from her are amazing.

I only got young gorgeous girls. I only have a small backyard flock. I wish I had as many as you! I've seen the pictures you've posted -- just beautiful! Thanks for asking.

I'm so glad they made it. The USPS website hasn't even updated yet to show that they've arrived.

I will be interested in knowing what size egg the lighter pullet lays. Same for Gigantor Henry, as well as one of the pullets n8ivetxn is getting. They are all from one of my last hatches, where I set only the largest eggs.

Oh, how exciting about the egg size! I'll definitely let you know. :) USPS should be embarrassed. Sheesh.

Yaaaay! I read your post before bed and had nightmares about shipping birds

Thanks! I dreamt about these girls last night, really truly, that's how much I was worrying... :)

So happy to hear all the shipped birds have made it safe and sound
big_smile.png
I have a question for everyone though, how many of you test/worry about mycoplasma gallesepticum? And if you do test was it required for your state test?
Doesn't Virginia require MS/MG testing?

Back
Top Bottom