Favorite baby chick names!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FamilyFarm12, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Hello BYCers! I was curious, what are everyone’s favorite chick names? I ordered 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Barred Rock, 1 Olive Egger, and 1 BLR Wyandotte. I have a few names in mind, but wanted to hear yours! (Feel free to post pictures of your babies!)

2. hannahgood

hannahgood Chirping

Feb 23, 2018
    Oklahoma
    9B7B0AB7-D190-42F3-BFE8-33FAB8F3D4AE.jpeg
    These are my 4 RIR pullets, they are much bigger now. I named them after the Downton Abbey ladies: Mary, Edith, Sybil and Cora. :)

3. hannahgood

hannahgood Chirping

Feb 23, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I also have a Violet and Mrs. Hughes. Demelza from Poldark. And my 3 Ameraucanas are Betsy, Tacy and Tib, who were my favorite book characters growing up. :)

FamilyFarm12 likes this.
  4. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    Lucy
    Peaches
    Blossom
    Hope
    Cherries
    Skittles
    Lilly/Lily
    Grace
    I’ve used all of those but cherries, which I hope to use on a new batch of chicks hatching soon. I have a ton more but those are my favorites!

5. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    My chickens tend named by characteristics, as in "that sweet silver one," (profile picture) "the nice one" "that jerk with the peacomb" and "the (insert random slightly off-colour swearword)" But over the years, a few sweet pets have earned names.

My two named cockerels are Gordon and Edmund (nice location, by the way), and in the past, I have had Redneck, Hemorrhage, Squeaker, Chester and Bertha, who was supposed to be a hen.

Lavender, Cynthia, Sylvia, Elizabeth, Adeline, Mikey (I named her Michelle. Black hen. Nothing whatsoever to do with the Obamas.) Agnes, Lacey, Charlotte, and Joyce.

I like old names. Can you tell?

6. Abriana

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    Oh and when my chicks hatch I’ll be sure to post pics!!

7. Smuvers Farm

Smuvers Farm Melvin Up the Taterhole

Feb 16, 2017
    TN/Western KY Border
    I have a trio of red sex links named Mary, Murphy and Maude from old TV characters.

8. Abriana

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    Aw that’s cute!

9. JenLiz

JenLiz Chirping

Feb 21, 2018
    Brandon, Florida
    Esmeralda, Bellina, Kiddo, Buttercup, Cluck Norris, Caroline, Lola, and Queen Lollipop. Those are our chicks’ names LOL

10. Cute names everyone!:love Can’t wait to see pics! (If you have any!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: