Favorite Breed? Help!

lalalindsay

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2018
Northeastern Oklahoma
Hey y'all... I am looking to add to my flock. What are your favorite breeds? The last time I bought chickens, I went to Atwoods and grabbed 5 cute chicks I wanted, which ended up being bantams that I LOVE. I am thinking I would like some Easter Eggers, Silkies and Buff Orpingtons..... Gimme your opinions! For a little background.... We let ours free range on our almost 3 acres of prairie and they go in the coop at night without issues. Most of my existing flock is RIR's and the bantams are their own little flock ;) The broody little mommas are sitting on eggs and we've already hatched 2 (but lost 1) So I am wanting to add to the "big" flock, not the bantams. We are in Northeastern OK.... the weather does basically everything here, so I want to make sure what I choose is hardy enough to withstand Oklahoma, lol! Give me your thoughts :):):)

New Hampshire’s.Their friendly,and very hardy,more so winter hardy then heat hardy but are hardy all the way around.Big chicken and would probably do very well with the RIRs since their both a fairly bossy breed.

Here is my rooster New Hampshire
D95D91E4-A372-4DFF-B48F-E19407A9353C.jpeg
2F102F85-0C28-48BA-833A-36F341ED755B.jpeg
He is very friendly and even lets me hold him.

New Hampshire’s.Their friendly,and very hardy,more so winter hardy then heat hardy but are hardy all the way around.Big chicken and would probably do very well with the RIRs since their both a fairly bossy breed.
I have noticed these RIRs are bossy little things! I have one Buff Orpington and she is the SWEETEST thing. Thanks for the input!!!! :)

Rirs are pretty much the creators of New Hampshire’s which is why both are so bossy.Bossy breeds tend to get along together way better then one bossy breed and one soft breed.

Back
Top Bottom