Favorite Candler??

dbtcowgirl

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
I currently use this Magicfly egg candler and have been happy with it, the fact that it plugs in has pros and cons. I still can't see anything in my darker eggs however and wondered what everyone else's favorites are?

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_110343639.jpg
    IMG_20200915_110343639.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 8
I currently use this Magicfly egg candler and have been happy with it, the fact that it plugs in has pros and cons. I still can't see anything in my darker eggs however and wondered what everyone else's favorites are?
My LG's flash light is super bright. It works great for my dark eggs.

I did a small high lumen flashlight comparison earlier this year. These work great for darker eggs. All were purchased on Amazon and the eggs in the images are a Marans egg and a blue egg. The Sofirn is still my favorite if you can find it available and the WUBEN is a close second.

High Lumen Flashlight Comparison (1).jpg
High Lumen Flashlight Comparison (2).jpg

I did a small high lumen flashlight comparison earlier this year. These work great for darker eggs. All were purchased on Amazon and the eggs in the images are a Marans egg and a blue egg. The Sofirn is still my favorite if you can find it available and the WUBEN is a close second.

View attachment 2335740View attachment 2335741
This awesome thank you! To Amazon I go lol

My phone is perfect for anything lighter than an orpington egg. Dobt know abour colored eggs though

I have an incubator (haven't tried it yet) that supposedly candles all the eggs at once inside the incubator so that's going to be very useful if it works

I've had the Magicfly and a Brinsea handheld candler. The former stopped working after a few years, and the fact it needed a plug was a bit annoying. I got the Brinsea one immediately after and still have it to this day...I find it adequate for even dark eggs, though the initial purchase price was rather high.

I've had the Magicfly and a Brinsea handheld candler. The former stopped working after a few years, and the fact it needed a plug was a bit annoying. I got the Brinsea one immediately after and still have it to this day...I find it adequate for even dark eggs, though the initial purchase price was rather high.
The cord always seems to be in the way for me. I will look into the Brinsea, I've heard good things about them. Ease of use is important because my kids love to help.

Back
Top Bottom