Favorite Devild Eggs and Trays?

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I'm always looking for fun ways to make deviled eggs and display them at potlucks.

Does anyone collect deviled egg trays, and if so, which types are your favorite?

What is the cutest way you've made deviled eggs look like other things, such as heart shapes, devils, owls, footballs, etc?

What is your most novel deviled-egg recipe? Has anyone experimented with nonfat versions, such as the eggwhite halves stuffed with hummus instead of egg, or eggplant or tabouli?

All suggestions will be appreciated! I look forward to your responses.

Clare

No fancy deviled eggs here and no special trays. They go on a plate. Yolk is mashed with mayonnaise and finely minced green onion, sweet pickle, or black olive is mixed in. Add a drop of Worcestershire sauce and then stuff the eggs. Paprika sprinkled over the top.

I like lots and lots of mayonnaise, so the yolk is really gooshy.

I almost never make them. If I take them to a potluck, they disappear fast. No need to gussy them up.

Oooh, curry powder and mango chutney in the yolks sounds marvelous! I'll try it.

I love the fun of presentation of the deviled eggs on fancy trays. It is a blast to see people smile in appreciation of the fun way they look, all gussied up.

I have found a ceramic shamrock deviled egg tray. I am going to dye the yolks green and throw in some minced ham, and place a copy of Dr. Seuss's famous book standing by them. :>)

Nothing fancy to my eggs. I use the same family recipe that has been used for generations. It is just mayo, a tiny bit of mustard, some sugar, and a splash of white vinegar. Paprika on top right before serving. I found these really cool egg trays that are kind of like a Rubbermaid container. It has a carry handle and you can buy extra trays that snap on the bottom.

My girlfriend bought something like that recently. Are yours Avon brand?

I like the idea of stuffing the egg whites with a creamy hummus mixture, for something different and for those who don't eat yolks.

I discovered a new filling for deviled eggs. Mash the yolks with tomatillo/cilantro salad dressing. Yummy!

My girlfriend bought something like that recently. Are yours Avon brand?

I like the idea of stuffing the egg whites with a creamy hummus mixture, for something different and for those who don't eat yolks.

Sorry. I just saw this. No, they aren't avon. I got them at bed, bath, and beyond.

Thanks for the info, TNT.

I found some ladybug Easter Egg holders I found at 90% off clearance last year after Easter that I forgot I had purchased. They will be perfect to put pickled eggs in for April Fool's Day. The kids can tell people, "Would you like a ladybug to eat?" Then when they open it, they can cry, "April Fool's!" Will be a blast!

Back
Top Bottom