Favorite quotes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SparksNV, Jan 30, 2011.

1. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    At work, I usually make the first pot of coffee for the day. I put a card under the carafe stating the time the coffee was brewed. Lately I have been adding a quote or a remembrance.

Our unit can be very stressful and quite negative on attitude, soooooo....

So let's hear some of your positive quotes that I can write down at the coffee pot!

Thanks everyone!

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Life is too short, laugh every day.

Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. (Seen what happens, luckily it wasn't me.)

3. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Live to learn; it will help you learn to live. -Portuguese proverb.

4. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    I think that is a neat idea for your office! I used to work at an Auto Club (AAA) in So Cal. We started every day with a joke. Usually a "You know your a redneck if/when..." joke because we had an ex military guy "Dusty" who hailed from Alabama and he'd read them with that beautiful southern drawl. What was even funnier was that we could tell how funny the joke was because he'd start laughing midway through the joke. I dont know if we ever determined what was funnier, the joke or Dusty cracking up! That was a great way to start the day. We'd still be laughing and in good spirits when the doors opened and our members sure liked the positive and happy feeling when they walked in the door.
    Of course it's always interesting when you start a staff meeting and the Office Manager opens with a letter from a member telling him how long they had to wait to get help for a service (over 30 minutes for a simple transaction-because we were very busy) and while normally that was unacceptable, it was all ok because the staff broke out in the Gilligans Island theme song. (Yep I was the ring leader of that one!)[​IMG]

Anyway here are some quotes I've collected over the years, maybe some can help out at your office.

“When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
    - Franklin D Roosevelt

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
    - Dale Carnegie

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
    - Thomas A Edison

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”
    – Hellen Keller

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened up for us”
    - Helen Keller

“Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vintage point.”
    - Harold B Melchart

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
    - Waldo Emerson

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
    - Confucious

5. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    Love these so far - keep em coming!

Mustlovehens - I wonder if Dusty was seeing himself or family members in the "redneck" jokes! I, myself, love blond jokes - being a blond and knowing several "honorary blonds" can see myself in them!

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My favorite is:

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~ Gandhi

I have a bumper sticker variation of that which says "Create the world you want to see"

another bumper sticker I have says: "The more you know the less you need"

and still another that says "The Best things in Life aren't Things"

7. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by