1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fawn/Ginger Coturnix Quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by peepsnbunnies, Apr 2, 2009.

1. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Shelleyd2008 - here are pics of some of my quail. Fawn/Ginger as identified by Sam. I never new what the color was until he mentioned it.

My male Fawn/Ginger with one of his girlfriends
    [​IMG]

My male Fawn/Ginger with his girlfriend and a Jumbo normal colored hen.
    [​IMG]

My male with the nomal colored Jumbe hen - I wanted you to see the difference in color next to each oth[​IMG]er.

Lisa [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow! Those are so pretty! Thanks for the pics [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I agree VERY pretty! I need to look closer at one of my birds. I may already have myself a ginger, but she may have been dusty lol !ihope she isnt dusty because that'd be so neat to already have one! I hatched her though so Im sure i would have been able to tell as a chick if she was different so sadly i thikn its just dust *pouts* LOL!

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Can't wait till mine get big.[​IMG]

5. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Your birds are a little darker than the Classic Fawn/Ginger...maybe they have a little more brown in them. But still good looking birds! I have a whole hatch of them due in a couple weeks.
    [​IMG]

6. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    Lisa, Be sure to have a pair of those next time we have the Arcadia swap. I definitely need a pair of those. [​IMG]

Doug

7. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Lisa here are the 2 lighter ones I hatched from your eggs!! Pardon the poop. Of course they have to poop when I put them on something so you can see them. 2 on the left are the lighter one on the right is a regular. They didn't photograph well but they are lighter. [​IMG]
    The second picture the one on the right is lighter the left is a regular.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  8. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Awww... look at those little cuties! Yes, I can see that they are lighter. They are very pretty little ones! They are such a calm natured quail, you will like them as adults. You will also like all the eggs they will give you. Pickle them, they are wonderful. Thanks for showing us pics!

Lisa [​IMG]

9. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    beautiful beautiful [​IMG]

10. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Quote:They are so pretty! And I love, in the first picture, how they're on a prefold diaper! [​IMG] VERY appropriate for what they do on it... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by