FB friend... Deceased

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
What do you do when a friend from fb passes away?

This is somebody I worked with back in the late 80's. He introduced me to the guy next door to him in the dorms, then butted in every time I tried to take next-door-guy to get something to eat. We managed to sneak away a few time without the friend and celebrated our 22nd anniversary a few days ago. The friend (we were all in the AF) got stationed about 200 miles away when we all came back to the states in '90, we visited each other a few times a year. Then he retired from the AF and moved out of state. We pretty much lost contact after that. Then a year or so ago we connected on fb, called each other a few times but pretty much minimal contact. But I still considered him a dear friend. I went to his fb page last February and was saddened that instead of leaving him a message, I was instead reading posts about how much people missed him, and a link to his obituary.

The question is, what would be proper to do? Am I supposed to removed him from my friend list? Or is it ok to leave him there and now and then post on his fb page that I was thinking about him and miss him? Post on his b-day that I wish he was here?

If you considered him a dear friend, then I'm sure he though the same of you, and I think his family might find comfort in other peoples rememberances of him, should they choose to visit his fb page and read it.
hugs.gif

So you guys don't think it would be creepy? We all had the same sense of humor so if the friend was still alive on DHs and my anniversary I would have written on his page that I forgave him for introducing us.

A dear dear friend of mine passed away almost two years ago. Her family and friends still post to her facebook page on special occasions or when something happens that reminds them of her - or they recall a special time with her. It's reassuring to go to her page and read how she is still remembered by so many. When some lilies she had given me were blooming this summer, I posted on her fb page about how beautiful they were and how I missed her. Almost immediately, several other neighbors and friends that she had given flowers to posted about their flowers from her and their remembrances. It was a comfort to all of us - and an honor to her memory.

Back
Top Bottom