Fearless coyotes

They get familiar with people all the time. Around here they are attracted to tractors and machinery because they associate the sound with mice and rabbits and snakes and such running from or being killed by the mowing. I killed one right by my back door a couple weeks ago, exhibiting this same, almost playful behavior before it stalked my birds.

I understand going after the birds,,, my kids, 2, 5, and 8, along with the radio,,, making a lot of noise, I don't get. Out west they have gotten bold enough to attack people for allmost 30 years, a few months ago, here near Pittsburgh, a lady and her dog were harassed in a city park.

It was a wild animal,,, no sign of shampoo or collar, I was only close enough to do a general health and condition assesment to determin if I should call the game comission or CDC,,, it stunk of a wild dog that was D-E-A-D.
I don't discriminate, wild things here don't belong, I kill them, except for the crows, they keep away the hawks and a semi-tame 6' black snake that tends to mice and the kids find amusing.

I am a firm believer in a one shot instant kill, I want nothing to suffer,,, that is why I have two 10 Ga's,, one in the house and one in the pole building, put up high and unloaded because of the kids, when I get dressed to do my chores, I open the safe, tuck my Sig 45 in my belt and two 10 OO's in my pocket.

The coons, possum, fox and coyots are here and after killing one I get about 2 weeks of no trouble, then another gets bold, how bold is what worrys me, it's no longer in the trash or trying to get in the coop or feed at night, they come shopping in the middle of the day now.

Back
Top Bottom