Feather Care, Help!!

AddiB

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2019
Hello,

I don't make many posts and am new to here but I am making this post to ask for advice. I bought what appears to be pheasant feather for a hat I have and of recent it has developed this translucent form of hole on it and i am just curious as to what it is, I could not find anything on the internet for this. I am not sure if it is just something feathers do or if it is maybe lice? I got it in Austria and spent my summer down in a dry desert region with it. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also some general care tips would be very appreciated. Thank you!!
1565842690468.JPEG
1565842675952.JPEG

Welcome to BYC.
Do you see any bugs on the feather?
Is it rubbing against something in this spot.

I wonder if dust mites are an issue.

Thank you for your response,

No i don't think i can see any mites on the feather, and it goes to a hat which has the end suspended in thee air so no it is not touching anything. Is there any way to repair it?

Thank you for your response,

No i don't think i can see any mites on the feather, and it goes to a hat which has the end suspended in thee air so no it is not touching anything. Is there any way to repair it?
I think if anyone knows what you could do it would be @The Phantom

Hello,

I don't make many posts and am new to here but I am making this post to ask for advice. I bought what appears to be pheasant feather for a hat I have and of recent it has developed this translucent form of hole on it and i am just curious as to what it is, I could not find anything on the internet for this. I am not sure if it is just something feathers do or if it is maybe lice? I got it in Austria and spent my summer down in a dry desert region with it. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also some general care tips would be very appreciated. Thank you!!View attachment 1878345 View attachment 1878346
That would be caused by bugs. You may never see the bugs but that is what causes marks like that. If you have any borax you can fluff the feather in it and it should stop them.

Back
Top Bottom