feather footed freak...what am I??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by opihiman911, Mar 5, 2008.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    These 2 chicks came from a batch that I hatched that was supposed to be a mix of Barred Rocks and RIR. The plan was to make my own sex links with RIR roo and BR hens. Well one of the supposed RIR has feathered feet, the other doesn't. I asked earlier about feather feet in RIR and some said it may be a recessive gene because when they were little they did look like my other RIR chicks I've hatched. Now they are starting to feather out they look nothing like my other RIR. They are also very big, almost twice the size of the same aged barred rock chicks.
    Any idea what they are??
    Don't worry, even feather footed freaks are welsome in my coop as long as they give me nice brown eggs.

Aloha,
    Cory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    The feather footed one looks familiar. Not too sure though

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    they look cool [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  4. mhoward92

mhoward92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2007
    not shure really. mabe a Chick expert will come along and solve your problem:jumpy

5. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I don't know, but she is beautiful!

6. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Do they have 5 toes? Because she looks like a Slamon Favorolle mix to me? If she has five toes then you may have yourself some SF/mixes!! Cute chick no matter what she is but I love feathered feet!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  7. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    They both have 4 toes...... Its strange that they both look alike, but only one has the feathered feet.

Cory

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Cochin mix of some sort? Leg feathers are pretty heavy. He has a pea comb too? What are the possible parents?

9. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm no expert but looks like with that disposition it looks like a roo, but don't take my word for it. Very pretty/handsome by the way.

10. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    By the feathering on the legs I would say a cochin cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by