feather picker, pinless peepers, side effects

HeidiN

Songster
5 Years
Jan 8, 2017
North Idaho
So I got some pinless peepers for my feather picker. Put them on her last night. She wasn't happy about it, but today seemed to be foraging normally. However, her crop, now that the day is coming to a close, is not full at all, compared to the other girls'. She wouldn't eat meal worms from our hands like normal, and seems calmer overall. Her comb and wattles appear slightly paler, but I don't think hers are normally as dark as the other hen of her breed are. Should I take them off of her, or wait and see how she does tomorrow?

Attachments

• IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    324 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 14
So I got some pinless peepers for my feather picker. Put them on her last night. She wasn't happy about it, but today seemed to be foraging normally. However, her crop, now that the day is coming to a close, is not full at all, compared to the other girls'. She wouldn't eat meal worms from our hands like normal, and seems calmer overall. Her comb and wattles appear slightly paler, but I don't think hers are normally as dark as the other hen of her breed are. Should I take them off of her, or wait and see how she does tomorrow?
Why would you want to take her comb & wattles off?

Back
Top Bottom