Feather picking?

cemcnair

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I think I have a major case of picking. The picture attached is my rooster, but about half the hens look pecked too. I have tried the tar stuff the coop sells, but by the next morning, that is all gone, and the picking continues. Any ideas?
17182_img_4690.jpg

I don't know if this would work on chickens but when we sold our bird Harley a Vos ma re Elcectus, the people that bought him were telling the owners of the bird store in the flea market that they rubbed Aloa Vera on him. He was like a necked chicken after being plucked. EW.
Best of luck.

I have read on here that ppl use blue kote. Have you checked for any lice or parsite. I have also read on here that chicken pick feather cause of a calcium problem

I'm having the same problem. My girls are picking my polish's crest and the center of his crest is bloody so i've seperated him, and now i have no idea what to do next. I tried Blu-Kote but they still continued to peck his little crest clean. My Polish Batman is my pet and he's a pushover he's so sweet. I think they think his crest feathers are worms.
sad.png
I'll be watching this thread.

!Shkittles!

Back
Top Bottom